Lucky for me, college isn't that far off the mall. So I refrain from texting her out on the road to tell her that I'm almost there, and speed a tad instead.

After taking longer to find a parking spot than the time I actually spent getting here, I scurry inside. I look around the rustic décor of the restaurant, past the vintage Italian posters on the brick walls, and around the tables, Nara nowhere to be found. I grab my phone out of my back pocket to text her that I'm here, and quickly get one back of her telling me she's outside. So I take the back exit, which leads to the outdoors patio, and find Nara on one of the libertine patterned tables with the four seats.

And she's... not alone?

I blink once, I blink twice before I realize my eyes aren't deluding me.

I do not remember inviting Joshua to this lunch date.

He's obviously brought somebody with him. A guy, explicitly. Who has his back turned to me, so I can only make out a pair of broad shoulders and a short mop of brown hair. I keep my eyes trained on two of my best friends as I walk up to them. Theirs already on me with a smile.

Nara jumps up and howls into my open arms as soon as I approach, then pecks me on the cheek. ''Hey, hon.''

''I would apologize for getting here late, but it seems you found yourself company just fine.'' She laughs, then whacks my arm playfully as I turn to my other friend.

''Long time no see, Baby Bell,'' Joshua pesters, knowing I hate that goddamn elected-after-cheese nickname, and pulls me into one of his signature bearhugs. This guy is so freaking huge, I always tease him about being on steroids. But I guess this is what happens when you own your own gym.

''We had dinner at Soyan's last week, J,'' I roll my eyes. Movement from behind me makes me want to turn around. Not wanting to be rude, and also kind of curious since Joshua always keeps us away from his guy-friends, I decide to get myself out of J's dark caramel-tinted arms and greet, or at least acknowledge the stranger at the table.

As soon as I turn around, I know that was the worst decision I could've made, as my breath and the words I wanted to speak get stuck in my gorge.

Worse than that one time I wore white pants to school while being on my period.

Worse than that one time I let Jenn play barber and cut the ends of my hair.

Worse than that one time I-

Holy fucking shit. I didn't know Josh was hanging around male models these days.

This guy is fucking hot.

Scratch that. This man is gorgeous.

The first thing I notice all through my sunglasses are his hooded, almond-shaped eyes. Hazel colored and capturing with thick dark lashes and perfect eyebrows to tie, even more illustrated with the sun shining through the seam, making them sparkle. The sunshine makes his whole face and tanned skin glow like gold underneath brightness. He towers over me effortlessly, with his full, pink lips set in a genteel smile. I take note of the modest stubble over his cheeks. Which I normally wouldn't have liked, but it makes him appear even sexier. Oddly, manlier. His hair is a dark brown and cut short, with the sides trimmed slightly more than on the top of his head.

Now, if someone around here could tell or instruct me on how to move, or maybe speak actual words like a normal human being and introduce myself to this guy, that would be greatly appreciated.

''Bells, this is Kayden. Kayden, Isabella.'' Josh, my hero.

Kayden. That's incongruously... suitable. I wouldn't expect anything else. Of course, he would be named Kayden. A man that looks like this wouldn't be called John, or Bob. Kayden. Almost as racy as him.