Chapter 22

Edited

Nephertiti's POV

  Most pregnant women have morning sickness, but I wasn't one of them, thank God. What I did have were weird cravings. Very weird, and I put chocolate on everything. Last night I ate pickles and chocolate with mustard; disgusting, I know. But I just can't stop.

Xander was worried about me, not about my weird cravings; but about the fact that it was one day before my delivery date, and I haven't had any contractions of the sort. He was around me twenty for seven, but now he was busy finishing up our babies' rooms.

Pushing myself off the bed, I wobbled towards the room beside ours. I put a hand on my ginormous belly as I push the door open, to see a sweaty Xander finishing up the last of the cribs.

"This looks amazing, babe."

"Thank you, are you feeling any pain, or discomfort?" he asked for the fiftieth time today. I shook my head in response, my now fully grown curls bouncing.

I bit my lip as my eyes scanned his sweaty body, and how the shirt stuck to his skin. "Xander," I said as I walked closer.

"Hmm?" he answered, putting the water bottle to his mouth.

"I'm horny again, I wanna fuck." His eyes widened as he sputtered up the water. "Baby, I love you, but no."

"Why?" I pouted, on the verge of tears.

"Because our babies are supposed to come any minute now."

"I know but-"

"No buts, now c'mere," he beckoned me over. I sat down in the plush car while we got on his knees and put his hand on my tummy.

"Hey babies, it's Daddy. I think it's time for you to come out now, you've been in there long enough don't you think?"

I chuckled. "That's not going to help, but thanks for trying. Now get me up," I asked with my hand outstretched.

As he brought me up, I felt a stinging pain that made me hiss. "Are you okay?" he asked.

I nodded and smiled, ready to reply but was hit by a bigger wave of pain; as a pool of liquid gathered between my legs. Both Xander and I froze, looking at me and then at the wet spot.

"I think my water broke," I said slowly, then groaned as another pain wave struck.

"I'm going to get the bag, don't move," he said before running off. But being stubborn, still tried to walk down the stairs and was stopped by searing pain in my stomach. Gripping on the rail, I shouted Xander's name.

He came running down the steps, a scowl painted on his face. "Why are you so stubborn, I told you not to move. What if you had hurt yourself."

Catching me by surprise, he lifted me up. Frightened, I gripped his shoulder and tried to speak through the pain. "Xander put me down; I'm too heavy."

Ignoring me, he went down the stairs and into the car; putting me in the back. I gripped onto the leather seats, trying to hold on to my agonistic screams, but couldn't.

"Xavier, drive faster God damn it!"

"I'm already going over the speed limit here, do you want to have an accident?" he answered.

"Unless you want me to have these babies in the back of your fucking car, drive the fuck up!"

That got him motivated and we reached the hospital in no time. Parking narrowly, he jumped out of the car and opened the back to take me out; shouting for help.

Sweat poured down my face as I was lifted onto a gurney, holding Xander's hand tightly in mine. "Sir, how long have the contractions been?"

"It started about thirty minutes ago," he said, panic in his voice. I was lifted again, but onto a bed this time; with my legs propped up.

"She's already fully dilated, so that's good. Ma'am, when I tell you to push, do so," a doctor said, looking up at me. I nodded, sweat sleeping through the gown that they previously put on.
(A/N Yes, I know this isn't how labour works)

"Breath for me, in, out," the doctor instructed, "now push."

"Ahhh, Jesus fucking Christ! This is all your fault, Xander!" I screamed.

He turned to me saying, "How is it my fault?"

Tears ran down my face like raindrops as I pushed again. "You're dick just had to be good, and your sperms just had to be working."

As I squeezed the life out of Xander's hand, I wondered what convinced me to want to have so many kids.

"Are the damn things out yet? I feel like someone is tearing my vagina apart," I asked.

"Ma'am, you've only pushed twice."

Xander wiped the sweat off my forehead and tears off my cheeks. "You can do this, come on baby, push."

"Why don't you push, Xander?" I snapped but pushed anyway.

"Because I'm not the one that's having babies love, now push."

                             ~

And nine hours and an ungodly amount of pain later, I had finally had our children. Loud cries could be heard as the doctors bathed them, I assume.

I was so weak and sleepy, I was fighting to keep my eyes open. Xander held my hands and kissed me tenderly. "I am so proud of you."

"As you damn should, I felt like my vagina was being torn in two. I wonder how the hell did my grandmother have seventeen kids." (A/N Fun fact, my grandmother does have seventeen kids😂)

He chuckled, ready to answer, but was interrupted by the midwife bringing us our bundles of joy. Anticipation bubbled in my tummy, despite my tiredness.

I held both of them in my arms, and God knows neither of us could've held in our tears. As I looked down at my beautiful babies with their little eyes shut, I tilted my head towards Xander.

"Do you want to hold them?"

He shook his head without hesitation. Hands outstretched, the midwife put them in his arms, and I cried even more as his eyes filled up with unshed tears.

"They are so beautiful," he said, holding them like porcelain dolls. Sitting down on the chair beside me, he handed me our boy.

"I love you Nikholas Elliot Carson," I said, remembering what we decided to name them.

"I love you Nevaeh Emilie Carson," Xander said.

I tried to hold in a yawn but failed. "You're exhausted, get some sleep, I'll be here," Xander said.

"Yeah, I should." Handing them over to the midwife, I closed my eyes and fell asleep instantly.

                             ~

"Aww, they are adorable."

I blinked and covered my eyes from the harsh light of the hospital. Sitting up, I saw the room full of people; with a big banner at the entrance.

"Congratulations!" everyone shouted excitedly. I smiled, thanking them.

"Where's Xander?" I asked, seeing that the babies were safe in their grandparents' arms.

"Right here," his voice answered from in the crowd.

"Good morning, love. I brought you some chocolates if you want."

I raised my eyebrows. "If I want? Of course, want them," I said, taking the box and stuffing my face with chocolate. He watched me with a loving smile on his face.

"What?" I questioned.

"Did I ever tell you how much I love you? I love you so much."
Pulling him close, I kissed him, smearing his mouth with chocolate.

"Yea, but I want to hear it again."