mr weasley told them to let go, and once they recovered from their shock, they did.

everyone fell through the air, colliding with the ground except for cedric, amos, arthur and maddy, who gracefully landed.

"bloody show offs."

the taylor girl chuckled as she offered her hand to hermione, both of them feeling butterflies due to the simple interaction.

"i feel like im going to hurl."

"go do it over there," maddy randomly pointed, making the granger girl smile.

"well kids, welcome to the quidditch world cup!"

it was amazing.

people were flying around on brooms. tents were taking up the majority of the area. many were running around.

"see you later, tree boy," maddy called out as they arrived to their tent.

"i love magic," harry spoke it awe.

"oh just wait buddy," the taylor girl patted him on the back before ginny pulled her towards a bunk bed.

"i call top!"

"sorry little red-head, im older so i get to choose."

"hey!" ginny exclaimed after maddy grabbed her off the ladder. "let me go!"

the two began playfully fighting for the top bunk so hermione had to tear them apart. as soon as she did that, maddy lunged to the top, winking at ginny.

"your fault," she groaned, pointing at a smiling hermione.

"you two act like toddlers."

"you clearly seem to enjoy it though, granger," madison winked, getting comfortable for a nap.

if it's not obvious, creating a close bond with the golden trio and the weasleys is changing maddy.

but not in a bad way.

and not in the way where draco won't like her anymore.

"no naps," fred threw a shoe at maddy.

"ugh. i'll go find draco then," she got off the bed, walking towards the entrance before turning around. "don't you dare switch beds, ginevra molly weasley."

and with that, she left to start her adventure to find the malfoy's, which didn't take long.

"d!"

"hey m," draco smiled when he noticed the girl making her way towards him. he extended his arms for a hug, which she accepted.

"how was your summer?" she asked as she carefully looked at his arms.

"better," he mumbled, having no new scars. "you really helped."

"it was nothing. im proud of you. where's your dad?"

"good question," the blonde replied, looking around. "have you found anything about her?" he raised an eyebrow, referring back to the girl in her nightmares.

"no. i spent all summer trying to figure out who phoebe taylor is, and nothing! it's driving me insane, knowing i have a sister-"

"you have a sister, miss taylor?" lucius scared the two.

"u-uh, i think so, sir."

"interesting. well, i have to go. i won't take long," the older malfoy spoke, walking towards the forest with his wand in his hand.

"he's being suspicious, right?"

"he always is," draco sighed. "did you get in contact with that giant?"

"hagrid? yeah, but he never wrote back."

"that scumbag must know something," the younger boy threw his arms up.

"hey! i personally think he's cool. if he does know something, we can just force it out of him when we have time. im not trying to be rude but that man physically can't keep his mouth shut," she spoke with her hands, making draco snorted.

"you've been spending too much time with granger," he mocked her, moving his hands around.

"have not!"

"uh huh. have you admitted to yourself that you fancy her?" he raised an eyebrow as his best friend looked anywhere but him. "you did! finally."

"finally?"

"yes, finally. bloody hell, she's changing you! that's how much you fancy her."

"she's not changing me," maddy tried to stay serious but failed, bursting out into a fit of laughter.

"well well well, look who it is," another girl voice was heard.

"oh, pot! how much i've missed that rat face of yours and that personality of yours that is not even close to being tolerable," she sarcastically smiled.

"at least im not a traitor."

"she's not either, pansy."

"that's where you're wrong, d."

"hey nah uh. my nickname. go find someone else."

"it's just a letter."

"that only maddy can call me," draco shrugged, causing the slytherin to roll her eyes.

"don't go making me think that you like her," she proceeded to pout.

"how many times do we have to say that she's gay!"

word count- 1266
date written- october 3, 2020