As the World Caves In || Bakugou x Reader

Song: As the World Caves In by Matt Maltese

'This is it,' you thought to yourself. Here you lie inside of some building with a bomb strapped around you. The steady beeping that passes every second lulling you into defeat. There's no one to get you out of this one y/n.

You thought the mission would go smoothly. Just some low level thugs in a bar, but little did you know that it was all just a set up. Now here you are waiting for your death.

You close your eyes and think of all the moments you'll miss from your life, your family, your friends. You feel a sob reck through you at your stupidity. Here your friends are, top heroes and then you just go out like this on a dumb mission.

Suddenly you hear the sounds of shots being fired followed by loud explosions and screaming. The wall across from you explodes inward. You cough and look through the smoke trying to see. Then your vision is clouded by ash blonde and crimson eyes.

"Y/n! What the hell are you doing?! Dumbass?! Are you even listening to me?!", he shouts at you.

You feel him shake your shoulders trying to grasp your attention. "K-Katsuki?", you stutter out.

"God damn it, y/n! Why did you go alone?!", he yells frantically as he examines the bomb around your torso. The wires wrapped around your body so if it were to be cut, it would detonate.

"I'm- I'm scared Katsuki," you cry out.

You see his face falter for a minute and then he grabs your face and kisses you. Your eyes open in surprise to see his crimson eyes staring back.

"Why did you do that?," you ask as he pulls away.

"You still don't get it do you?"

"Get what?," you ask confused.

"God you really are a dumbass," he chuckles to himself as he goes back to trying to figure out how to get the bomb off you. "Shit it's got 2 minutes. The others are here, they might be able to get it off."

"Katsuki!", you shout at him.

"What?!", he looks up in to your face.

"What do I not get?," you say barely above a whisper.

He sighs and just rests his forehead on yours. "I'm in love with you y/n."

"What?"," you respond breathlessly.

"I'm in love with you. I have been. For awhile. And I just didn't say anything because I didn't want to love you. I couldn't love you. You shouldn't be with a guy like me and I knew that but I just couldn't."

You feel your heart thumping harder against your chest as the steady beep reminds you of your fate. You start to feel the tears stream down your face as you laugh with relief.

He pulls back to look at your face. "Why are you laughing?!"

"Do... you know how long I've wanted to hear you say that?", you sigh out. 1 minute remaining.

"Bakugou!" You both turn around to see his spiky haired friend and Midoriya in the hole Katsuki previously made. They both run over and notice the bomb. Midoriya rushes over and starts to fiddle with the wires trying to find the right one to stop this nightmare. 45 seconds remaining.

"God damnit Deku! Get it off of her!", Katsuki shouts at him.

"I'm trying!" He just can't find it. 30 seconds remaining. "What do we do?"

"Guys... there's nothing we can do," Kirishima responds in defeat. Midoriya's eyes glass over as he looks down in realization.

"No. No!" Katsuki grabs on to you as you look up at the ceiling in defeat.

"It's ok Katsuki. Just let me go. This was my own fault anyways. The world needs a hero like you, they'll be ok without me," you say to him in acceptance.

"I'm not fucking leaving you!" You feel him starting to shake as sobs take over him.

"I'm so sorry y/n," Midoriya says to you as he grabs Katsuki's shoulders.

"No! Get the hell off me Deku! Get off!", he screams.

Kirishima stats to cry as he sees his best friend like this and leans down and grabs his torso and helps pull him off of you.

"Thank you," you say to them. You watch as Bakugou screams and thrashes against them trying to get back to you. He has to save you. They have to let him go. Before he's barely out of the room he watches you smile at him and mouth the words "I love you too".

The two heroes drag Katsuki out off the building right before the explosion goes off. Their bodies fly forward from the force and leaves their ears ringing.

Katsuki's eyes flutter open and he slowly stands himself up. He turns to look at the building burning behind him. "No," he cries out in disbelief. He starts to stumble toward to the building. "Y/n? Y/n?!"

"She's gone Bakugou," Kirishima says between cries.

"No! No she's not! We had her!" He starts to walk faster toward the building only to be stopped by Kirishima holding him from behind preventing him from walking any closer to the flames.

Katsuki let's out a blood curdling cry as his knees buckle and he falls to the ground. He finally had you and now you were gone.

Whew! So I just wrote that out on the whim 😂 I'm gonna go back to my English essay now! ✌️