Estampes || Arrange Marriage Bakugou x Reader Pt 2

Estampes: 1. pagodes - Claude Debussy

The rest of the ball continued as normal. Men came up to y/n to greet her and ask her to dance. She tried to maintain conversation but her eyes continued to glance around the room looking for the fiery man from the maze. Oh how she wanted to talk to him again. All of these princes here are only looking to court her, but him... he didn't even know who she was.

Several days passed after the ball when a man dressed in an iron suit with orange and black engraving across the front, entered the dining room of the palace. Your parents called you down to discuss the letter from a prince far away.

"To the king and queen of Edinburgough.
I would like to request the hand of your daughter, princess y/n, in marriage. With the impending war approaching, I believe it would be beneficial to unite our countries. I will await your response.
Prince of Estoria", the knight read allowed.

"Do you hear that? Someone wants to take your hand in marriage!," her mother exclaimed. Her parents talked about how soon the wedding should be and how beneficial this is going to be for Edinburough, but all y/n could do was stare blankly at the smooth wood of the dining room tables. With every word that came out of the king and queens mouths made her stomach sink deeper and deeper into the floor.

Finally having enough she abruptly pushes out her chair and leaves the dining room. She can hear her parents shouts behind her, but she continues walking to the only safe space she knows.

When she finally approaches the white gazebo with a sigh. The weight of her reality sinks in as she falls to her knees in the soft grass. She holds her knees close to her chest as her quiet sobs are all that can be heard through out the garden.

When she awakes, she finds herself still in the garden, laying in the grass. She must've fallen asleep during her crying spill. She looks up to see the sky a bright orange color. The sun must be setting, thinks to herself.

Pulling herself off her feet, she dusts away the grass and dirt off her dress and heads back towards the palace. When she approaches the door, she finds Agatha waiting for her.

"I thought you'd show up eventually," she says with her hands crossed in front of her chest. Even though Agatha has to be older than her mother, she was still very beautiful. Her stoic face never showed emotion until the night of the ball. That was the first time y/n saw Agatha as more than just her handmaid.

"I'm assuming you heard the news," y/n says as she sniffs and rubs the tears already threatening to fall.

"Yes my dear, I did. The king and queen seem rather ecstatic. Your mother has already sent back your reply I'm afraid."

"Ughhh... are you serious?!," y/n whines as she runs her hands over her face.

"Now now, princess are not supposed to whine like children now are they." Agatha comes toward the young princess and lifts her chin from the concrete. "There is nothing we can do but it accept it now. It's best to be optimistic. That's all you can do."

With that, y/n and Agatha walk back into the palace. When they approach y/n's bedroom, the loud clacking of heals can be heard on the marble floor.

"Y/n! There you are darling!" Y/n mother approaches with haste. "Agatha, leaves us."

The handmaid gives the princesses hand a gentle squeeze of encouragement before turning and exiting the hallway. It wasn't until Agatha turned the corner did y/n notice the paper in her mother's hand.

"Wh-what's that, mother?," y/n asks.

"You'll be leaving tomorrow for Estoria. You will be staying with the prince in his family until the wedding in two weeks time. Your father and I will come to Estoria as well to discuss plans with the prince and current king. After that your wedding will proceed and we'll come back home. How does that sound?!," she clasps her hands together in front of her gladly.