17

"luz, are you okay?" willow asked as she saw her friend's features. luz's usual lean posture is ruin, her eye bags are more visible.

luz looked at willow at the corner of her eye and cracked a tired smile. "yes, willow. i'm fine." she said. willow and gus looked at each other with a worried expression.

that's the same answer luz kept giving them for the past 3 months, even though it's not true.

it's the beginning of march and feburary was a pain the ass. luz never hated a holiday before, but people can change their minds.

"i have to go back to my dorm, guys. see you tomorrow." luz gave her friends a slow wave of goodbye before speed walking out.

she pushed her door open, locked it and dropped down to her bed. she's having a massive migraine, her mind is split on listening whatever the professor is saying in class and on amity.

despite her mind being confused of amity not talking to her, luz kept her grades above average. she doesn't want her mom and aunt to worry about her grades dropping and has to stay in college till she's 25.

it's hard, to be honest.

it's hard to having to think all day what she did wrong. luz still tries to find and talk to amity but.. she can't find her anywhere, curse this big campus.

the heavy feeling in her chest kept piling up in the days she hasn't even seen amity. she misses her, so so so much..

luz touched the cold metal on her skin, the necklace. she always wears it, as well with the ring, luz looks down at the ring. tracing it's fake diamonds embedded on in.

"amity.." luz's voice cracked, she closed her hands into knuckles and pressed it onto her lips as fresh set of tears well up into her eyes.

i can't keep crying forever... she thought.

luz lets her hands fall, she used the collar of her shirt to wipe her tears before standing up. she's not gonna sit here and ponder all the thing she might have done wrong.

luz walks out of her dorm and started running around the campus, circling it up and down. just to find amity.

as she took a left turn in the east wing of the campus, she saw amity walking out a room. a small smile came to luz's face as relief rushed over to her.

"amity!"

amity's eyes widened as she saw luz running towards her. she clutched textbooks tightly close to her chest as she started speed walking.

but the rapid footsteps behind her started to get closer and closer, it made amity started sprinting.

luz knitted her eyebrows as amity is gaining distance between them, she started to push her legs close to their extent just to catch up to amity.

the people they're passing gave them weird and confused looks.

then a pair of buff guys blocked her way, luz's shoes screeched against the marble floor as she hits the break. not wanting to crash onto the guys.

luz panted heavily, she watches as amity turn to a corridor through the gaps of the two guys in front of her. she looked up to their faces and they gave her a stoic expression.

"i need to go through." she said. "we cannot allow you to come close to miss blight." one of them said. luz rose an eyebrow "oh, so she hired you guys as a bodyguard or something?!"

"yes, to keep you away from her."

luz's eye twitched as she heard that. she turned around and started walking away "thanks for letting me know." she yelled as she raised a hand up, waving goodbye.

amity pants heavily as she leans against the wall, she lightly pokes her head to see two guys block luz. she doesn't recognise them at all.

then she watches luz walk away, clearly frustrated then she yelled; "thanks for letting me know!"

what does she mean?

then the two guys was in front of her, she jumped as she saw them. "she will not be bothering you again, miss amity." one of them said.

frowning, "what do you mean? who sent you?"

"your parents, miss blight."

she should've known. amity pushed her way through the two guys "i do not need protection. no matter how high my parents are you. i can pay higher." she said as she started walking away.

"but your parents have mentioned of you not being able to use your bank account. is that not true?"

amity freezes, she grits her teeth as she's gotta handle having a babysitter breathing down her neck.

"do not follow me nor be outside my dorm." that's all amity said before she started bolting towards her dorm.

luz ruffled her hair in frustration, she sat under the three where her, amity, willow, gus, boscha and matt would sit under and talk about literally anything.

so amity hired some bodyguards to keep luz away? wow. could've just said 'stay away from me'

actually, luz would be asking why and amity would give a reason. unlike right now, she got stood up two times.

is amity giving her direct signs for luz to 'stay away'?

at the corner of luz's eye, she can see the same guys standing near a pillar. spying on her.

"are we gonna have a problem?" she muttered under her breath. she can't have bodyguard tailing her whenever she goes, let alone for them stand in front of her dorm.

luz pulled out her phone and started calling willow. after a few rings, willow picked up.

"hey, can i stay in your dorm for tonight? i'll explain when i get there."