15

// TRIGGER WARNING!!!
THIS CHAPTER IS GRAPHIC OF IT'S CHILD ABUSE..PLEASE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! //

it's christmas eve. the blights are gathered at the dining table which is rarely full aside from the twins throwing a party.

the whole family ate in silence, the only noise that is heard is the utensils scraping across the silver platter.

oladia lightly dabs her napkin on her mouth which doesn't really have a stain to begin with.
"in few hours time. christmas will commence, before that. is there something you kids want to disclose?" she said.

the children looked at each other with perplexed stares before staring back at their parents. "i don't think so.." edric said as he took a small sip of his wine.

alador followed the same motion "is that so?  surely, there has be to something you want to concede."

lightly frowning, "and why do you want know so badly about this.. thing which neither the three of us no about." amity finally spoke up.

odalia sighed and gave amity an 'innocent' stare but her eyes tells otherwise. "me and your father just wishes to know what has been happening within our childrens' lives."

"everything is perfect. nothing more." amity took off the napkin that is sitting on her lap and neatly placed it onto the table. "excuse me." she pushed the chair as she stood up and left.

she doesn't know what's up with her parents. it irks her. now come to think of it, whenever they're home, it gives amity an irky feeling.

it's ironic how you don't even want to be around your own family. aside from ed and em, they're manageable and.. reliable.

plopping down to her bed, she flicked the lamp open and drew her phone out of the drawer before lying down onto the pillows.

as soon as she opened her phone, there was a bunch of messages from everyone saying 'christmas eve' or is spamming as they countdown till christmas.

amity tapped luz's notification and it sent her to a video.

"agh! oh, hey amity! i don't know when you're gonna see this but happy christmas eve!!" luz said on the video, a small smile etched on amity's lips as she heard her voice.

then loud barkings are heard on the background "king wants to say hi!!" luz grabbed the pomeranian but king squirmed to get out of the girl's grip.

"okay okay, jeez." luz muttered and lets king go. then someone grabbed luz's phone and a new voice started talking which amity doesn't recognise.

"hey, are you video calling? you still need to make the gravy for those potatoes kid!" eda said as she looked at the phone. "i will, i will and no, amity's probably busy. now give it back!" luz tried grabbing her phone back.

eda snorted, she raised hand for luz not be able to reach. "ay, what's all this ruckus?" camila came into view of the camera. "mami, eda won't give my phone!" luz whined like a child.

amity lightly giggled "what are you even doing?" camila asked. "well, your kid won't get off her phone cause her girl is on." eda said.