{⋅. Twenty-Eight .⋅}

We've been rick rolled.

◦𑁍◦

One ball of fire soared above Dreams head. { The temptation to make it hit him is so high right now. }

The second missed George's left shoulder by a mile. { The temptation to make it hit him is so high right now. }

The third landed in front of them, bursting a singular block to be lit into orange dancing flames. { The temptation to make it hit them is so high right now. }

The swirling flames around the blaze diminished, as it let out a low growl. Hovering into the air and looking down at the pair, as if challenging them to try and get him.

Dream pulled George forward and ducked behind a pole in the middle of an intersection. His eyes swept back and forth over the exposed parts of the fortress, before pointing left.

"There!"

A blaze spawner, wrapped in cage, stood proudly in an fenced off area. That part of the nether dipped into a soulsand valley, where you could very clearly see the increase in skeletons-likes.

Fwip

Fwip

Fwip

The edge of Dreams leg was caught in a cross-fire, as he bit back a scream and moved it more securely behind the pillar.

George cast a worrisome look at his friend, before grabbing his hand and bringing his eyes back to examine the blaze spawner. { If this was a DNF fanfic this is where they would start describing how cheeks would heat up and yadadadadadadadada love is dead }

"Any plans?"

Dream patted out the burning flame on his leg and peeked his head around the pillar.

"Okay, we run straight, then you knock that wither off while I kill the blaze."

George let out a small squeak, as he looked at the giant pit of lava below most of the fortress. One wrong move could send them into the molten swimming pool.

But none the less George nodded, and urged Dream to continue.

"Okay. Then you come to me and we turn left, bridge across that gap, run straight and reach the Spawner. You block it off while I kill any wither skeletons that might be already there? Capish?"

George nodded, and pointed to the gap.

"If we take a running start, we might not need to bridge, we could just leap over that gap."

"That's risky."

"Risky is your middle name Dream."

"I'd rather be safe then sorry George."

"Or we could all just jump onto the lava and make my life better, how bout that?"

They both whirled around at the third voice, just as an iron blade came rushing towards Dreams head.

George hurled himself at Sapnaps torso, under the sword and knocked the man backwards, sending the sword flying.

Dream dashed forward and grabbed it, and after quickly inspecting it, proceeded to throw his old sword into the lava lake while keeping Sapnaps.

Pushing Sapnap off him, George cut a corner and started booking it to the blaze spawner, desperate to get away.

Sapnap giggles.

"Georgie~! My love~!"

Pulling out a axe, Sapnap advanced to Dream, who quickly wielded his sword.

Flash of iron kissing his cheek, and small trickles of metallic blood dropped off his chin. Dream wiped the blood away with a flick of a wrist.

Dream could see George rushing towards the spawner or of the corner of his eye, and a surge of confidence rushed through him.

He needed to get Sapnap away.

"HEY SAPNAP!"

Dream started to run away and vaulted down the stairs, hoping that Sapnap was on his heels.

◦𑁍◦

George leaped over a wide gap between two bridges in the fortress, barely being missed by an arrow.

He was officially in soulsand valley territory.

George could hear the rattle of skeleton bones and the sounds of a bow being drawn back again, the arrow being fitted in place.

Gosh he needed to make a shield.

Digging downwards into the floor of the fortress, he creates a small room where he places down a crafting table { ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) } and quickly creates a shield.

With a small poof, a new shield lays on the table. George picks it up. It's heavy, but not so heavy that it would be hard to carry. He switches it to his offhand, and readies his sword.

Coming out of his little hole, he raises his shield to the sound of a flopping arrow. The arrow bounces off and falls in front of him, harmless.

He vaults over the wall, and within a few quick slashes, the troublesome skeleton is no more.

Panic slowly starts to build up in him as he blocks off the path to the spawner and redoes himself.

Was he wrong to run and leave Dream behind?

No.

Dream would be fine. He was strong and capable. Hopefully he could keep Sapnap at bay for long enough for him to get the essentials.

For now...

The spawner hissed and two blazes burst to life beside it, their gazes fixated on George.

For now he needed to concentrate on his own goals.

◦𑁍◦

Congrats on reading the Chapter Twenty-Eight!

Hhhhhn I'm so tired.

I just played among us with some of my friends and I just did the most amazing play ever and it backfired completely.

But hey, at least we all had fun... (:?

I'll never be able to trust any of them again those little pricks how dare they.

Now... according to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of you are voting. So vote out or else you will only be able to eat rotten flesh for the rest of your pitiful life.

/j

All my best,
»» ITᒪᗩᒪI ««