{⋅. Forty-One .⋅}

Thundering roars from the dragon.

They were so loud.

Dream was in on a floating obsidian platform, floating above the abyss. Just to his left and above his head was a rock, cheese like block which he immediately made out to be end stone.

He could hear the dragon.

How her roars shook the platform under him and how the flapping of her wings seem a thousand times louder.

From where he spawned in he could already catch a small glimpse of one of the ten end spikes. The obsidian camouflaged against the dark sky.

Slowly, he started towering up. Jumping and sliding a block under his feet before he landed. He continues the process until his feet landed on the end stone.

The stone was rough, yet slightly squishy. It was still firm, like a rock, but you sank just ever so slightly whenever you took a step. With its uneven surface, it reminded Dream of the moon back in the real world.

The real world.

His heart jumped. He would be able to go home! He could go back to the real world!

But...

He stopped walking. Dream didn't even realize he approached a caged end spike. His mind was unconsciously already thinking about freedom too much, commanding his feet to start taking him to victory.

Dream slid down the side of the obsidian pillar, sitting down in the small nook in the side of the end spike.

He was leaving Sapnap.

He was leaving George.

He was leaving his other halves.

Would they even be able to come through? Could they follow me. Our goals are different, so different. If I complete mine, and my prize is freedom what is their punishment?

"You speak as if there were two. You killed George." His inner voice spoke out.

"No. He's still alive." Dream said out loud into the world, speaking to... himself?

"Ah see, that's what you tell yourself to make you feel better. Dream you killed him. He's dead."

"Listen... listen here Clay. He has to be alive." Dream takes a deep breath. "That's how the rules work."

"Who wrote the rules?"

There was a small silence.

"I did. I wrote the rules. I created mancraft manhunt!"

"That doesn't mean they can't change it. You haven't seen the rules, you don't know the rules."

"But-"

"Just because the rules seem to be the same so far, doesn't mean that it will stay that way. Whoever's is the puppeteer has you all on strings at the moment, the ball is in their court."

"Yes but-"

"Hey! Incoming!"

Purple eyes clashes against green, before cutting ties as Dream swept his mask onto his face and dove out of the way as the dragon pulled out of its nosedive, hissing at missing.

She opens her mouth and screams, a purple fire charge flying out. Dream backs up a few steps as the call explodes in front of him, a purple haze slowly spreading outwards from that point.

His mind snaps back to his plan, in which he pulls up in inventory GUI from his bracelet and quickly pulls out a few glass bottles. Bending down next to the haze, he uncorks a bottle and holds it to the mist.

Once it's somehow full, he moves onto the next bottle. And then the next. Now with his new 3 bottles of dragons breath, he mines down next to an end spike and carves out a small hobbit hole.

Plop. Brewing stand out.

Chop. Blaze rod into powder.

And sizzle, added into the water bottles as they start cooking into awkward potions.

Dream bustles around, starting to gather the ingredients to make harming potions when he stopped.

It was like he was buffering.

"What? Planning to kill Sapnap now?"

The small voice in Dreams head scoffed, and he shivers. Instead, he brews together an spider eye with a brown mushroom dusted in sugar, and he adds it the potions, letting it brew as he organizes his inventory.

As the potion finishes, he adds the dragons breath into it. Small bubble noises indicate its finish.

Lingering potions.

Pulling out his work bench, he places the lingering potions in the centre and surrounds them in arrows.

Boom, potion tipped arrows.

He slid them into his inventory, behind a few regular arrows. He didn't want to use them yet, Dream just wanted to use them to hopefully scare Sapnap.

Dream makes a chest and stores a few things in them, just in case, like the two other bottles of dragon breath and an extra stack of arrows, before crawling out of his bunker.

Fwhip.

Boom!

An end crystal explodes and Dream carefully aims for the next one.

He misses his first shot, but quickly manages to land the second.

The ender dragon was not please at all with this turn of events, quickly descended down upon Dream and attempts to throw him into the air.

Dream gets thrown up slightly, but not nearly as high as the dragon hoped.

If anything the dragon helped Dream, as from his new height advantage he was able to see the two new figures spawn into the obsidian platform.

Uh oh.

◦𑁍◦

Congrats on reading Chapter Forty-One!

OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OJAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY.

FINALE SOON POG. (speaking of, rip pog face)

Also how does a smol Q&A sound before I finish da book? Mmmm? 

Also, according to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of you are voting. So vote and you never get the cold side to a pillow.

All my best,
»» ITᒪᗩᒪI ««