{⋅. Two .⋅}

"Dream! I swear to god Dream! Dream!"

"Don't make me do it!"

"..."

" Alright, fine. You asked for it!"

SPLASH.

Dream shot up, coughing. Wiping the water still sliding down his face, he looked around.

He was sitting in a sunny field, with sunflowers dotted about the place. The sun was blazing up in the sky, and there was a small breeze. In the distance, he could see the edge of a large oak forest.

Why is everything so blocky?

"Dream! Do you need another dose of water?"

His head shot up and he twisted his torso around to look at the figure behind him.

"Sapnap! What are you doing here?"

Dream scrambled to his feet and placed his hands on the shoulders of his friend, looking him up and down.

Sapnap had a white bandana around his forehead, and jet-black hair. He wore a turtle neck black sweater under a white t shirt with what seemed like a pixelated flame.

Sapnap had a leather helmet on, and gold boots. In his hand, he wielded a shiny iron sword. On his face was a mix of surprise and confusion.

Dream started showering Sapnap with questions.

"Where did you go? Why wouldn't you answer any of my messages? Did me and George do something wrong? Are you okay?"

Overwhelmed, Sapnap took a step back.

"Dream?"

"Sapnap. Where are we?"

This took him a few moments to respond to.

"We're in minecraft."

𑁍

The two of them were seated by a river, the sun slowly starting to make its way down.

"But this isn't logically possible." Dream muttered for the hundredth time. "It's not possible!"

"Well, believe it or not. We are in minecraft. I've been in here for almost four days-"

Dreams head snapped up in shock and he turned to look at his friend.

"4 days!? What!"

"Well, I thought about it. Isn't like one minecraft cycle, 10 minutes."

Dream paused, playing with the blades of grass under his fingers.

"No, it's 20. 10 minutes for the day. 7 minutes for the night and 3 minutes for dawn."

"Ok Mr. I-Know-Everything-About-Minecraft."

"Shut up."

They sat in a tense silence, listening to the water slowly flowing in front of them. Watching as salmon swam up the river and occasional drops of water spring out of the banks.

Dream studied himself in the reflection of the river. Green hoodie, and blue jeans. He had his green eyes and dirty blonde hair. Seated on top of all the floof, was a mask. A smiley face one. The ones people always drew him with in fanart. His appearance made sense to him.