thirty-one || breathing in the bluebells

Start from the beginning

I pulled back and looked him in the eyes. "I will, Harry. I'm going to be with Niall and Abel, you know they wouldn't let anything happen to me, not only because they like me, but because they know you'll probably kill them if I got hurt," I laughed.

   Harry smirked. "Maybe not kill them, maybe just severely injure them," he shrugged, and I rolled my eyes.

    "What are you dreading more? Not being able to check up on me every five seconds and being in control of my safety? Or having to spend alone time with Will?" I teased.

    Harry acted like he was in deep thought before answering. "Definitely not being able to be in control of your safety. Although I'm really not looking forward to this bonding time. I swear Abel and Niall did this on purpose, those sneaky bastards," he scoffed. 

     "I know you are still mad at him, and vice versa, but think about it...if you manage to kind of mend whatever is going on between you two, it would make it a lot easier for us to be...well, whatever it is we are," I shrugged. 

   He smiled. "Okay, for the benefit of us and our unknown situation, I will do my best to play nice."

    I grinned, wrapping my arms around his waist tighter. "Thank you."

       "Of course. Okay, I think Niall and Abel are ready to leave, so we better get downstairs before they get suspicious," he laughed, "Oh, but...before you go..."

   He trailed off and leaned down closer to my face, checking to see if there was any sign of doubt, before pressing his lips against mine softly. 

    I smiled against his lips as I kissed him back. It was a sweet kiss, not rushed and full of lust, it was just...caring. I think it was my favorite kiss so far. 

    He pulled away and wiped his hand across his mouth. 

      "Sorry, princess...it looks like I kissed your lip balm off," he chuckled, wiping the rosy lip color off on his black jeans.

     I laughed and grinned up at him. 

  "Seriously, Tate. Be safe, if you have any issues, tell Abel or Niall to call me. I can be there in a heartbeat if you need me to be," he spoke seriously.

    I sighed and placed my hand on his chest, lightly pushing him back towards the door.

  "I will be safe, I promise. And if anything happens, we will let you know. Don't worry, I'm in good hands," I assured him.

     He let out a huff of air, and I could tell that letting go of control was not his favorite thing to do.

  "Okay, well...have a good time, can't wait to hear about it tonight," He smiled, and then he faltered. 

    "I mean, that is, if you want me to sleep in here tonight. If you don't it's totally okay, I didn't mean to just assume that was okay, but-"

   "Harry, yes I want you to sleep in here!" I laughed, and he let out a sigh of relief. It was truly a sight to see...one of the scariest and most dangerous men in the world, blushing and stumbling over his words as he tried to express himself to me.

    "Okay, good," he smiled, "Well, I'll see you later then."

   He came closer to me to press one final kiss to my forehead, before walking out of my room and gently shutting the door behind him. 

   I ran into the bathroom and applied some more of my lip balm, before heading downstairs, clutching my cardigan in my hand.

    Abel and Niall were by the front door waiting for me.