50

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please help me in congratulating Northlake high's graduating class!"

We all threw up our caps in the air. Luke picked me up, spinning us around. I laughed. He set me down. "Congrats but i'm gonna find Tessa."

"I gotta find Nick." he kissed my cheek before running off into the bleachers.

Dana found me first wrapping her arms around me. "We're graduates," she squealed.

We jumped up and down in each other's arms. "And we're gonna be stuck together for the next four years," i laughed. "I love you but i gotta go find Nick."

"And i gotta go find my parents," she said. She started off towards the bleachers. She turned around. "I'll see y'all at the party tonight."

I screeched when i was lifted off the ground. I looked down to see Nick. he set me down and spun me around to look at him. I wrapped my arms around him. He lifted me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist. "Nicky, i'm so proud of you."

"Thank you" he set me down. He pulled me into a hug. "I'm proud of you too, corazon." he kissed the top of my head. "I'll catch up with you in a minute, i have to find abuela."

I grabbed his face and pecked his lips. "Come find me later?" i asked. He nodded. We both went our separate ways.

I found Mom, Edward, Alan, and Nina walking down the bleachers. I hugged mom. "Baby, i am so proud of you." she pulled away from me. "You worked so hard for this."

"Thanks mom."

Edward hugged me. "Congratulations sweetie."

I smiled. "Hi Alan, hi Nina, i didn't know you two were coming."

"Luke invited us," said Alan. "and you can call me dad?" he asked in a hopeful voice.

"No thank you."

Two arms wrapped around my waist. Abuela walked over to mom hugging her. She then handing me Elena. I rested her on my hip. "So Mabel, i was thinking i could take us out for a classy dinner tonight to celebrate the kids graduating," said Nina. "it could be a really intimate family event just the five of us."

'Can i take this one mom?" i asked.

"Go for it honey," she said crossing her arms.

"Okay, i appreciate you being here for us but that does not give you a right to try to control everything," i said. I could here Nick chuckle quietly behind me. "First of all, Luke and i are gonna be at the all night grad party tonight with the rest of our class. And secondly, an intimate family event wouldn't include the two of you."

"Oh i love it when you get mad," Nick whispered in my ear.

"So it was nice to see you both, I guess but we're gonna go change and eat dinner before the party." i handed Elena back to abuela. "I'm gonna find Luke."

Nick grabbed my hand as i walked away. He walked up beside me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders still holding my hand. He kissed the side of my head. "Are you okay?"

"They just piss me off so much."

He squeezed my hand. "I know."

We found Luke and Tessa sitting on the bleachers with Ricky. We sat down beside them. Luke and Nick did their handshake. "Who would have thought the two of us would actually graduate," Luke chuckled.

"Not most of our teachers," Nick said.

"No one thought you could graduate, nicky," i mocked, pinching his cheek. He pushed my hand off of his face. I leaned up and kissed his cheek. "But we are so proud of you."