A Tragedy Occurs!

~Y/n POV~

As me and my brother were walking down the street, I heard two people talking about how Neji was the #1 rookie last year. I pat my brother's back to cheer him up. He then shot up and said, "Yeah, but now I'm able to summon a toad. It'll be ok for sure." Both me and my brother then looked down nervously.

Time skip brought to you by me! "Enjoy the story!"

"Oh, there's one more thing before we get started." He pulled out a piece of paper. "Look it over." The match ups were different. "There's been a slight change in the match ups. So everyone take one last look at who you'll be facing." the proctor said. "Uh, question. Question." my brother said. "What is it?" the proctor asked. "I was just wondering what'll happen to Sasuke? I mean, if he doesn't show up?" Naruto asked. The proctor then explained that if he didn't show, he would forfeit the match. "Where is Sasuke?" I thought.

The proctor explained how the rules are the same as before, and that the match ends when one candidate admits defeat, or dies. He then announced the opponents for the first match, and told everybody else to go to the waiting area.

Huge time skip brought to you by me! "Don't judge my laziness."

Most of the matches were done, and Gaara and Sasuke were fighting right now. My match was next, but suddenly I started to feel sleepy. "What is this? A genjutsu?" I thought, half asleep. "Release!" I said, tiredly. All the tiredness immediately left my body. "So it was a genjutsu." I said quietly. I ran to Kakashi sensei, "Sensei, your orders?" I asked. "Go help Sasuke." he said. I nodded my head and ran to Sasuke's side.

"Gaara's the Trump card of the hidden sand, we have to get him to play his part no matter what. Alright, for now you two take Gaara and tend to his wounds. As soon as his chakra has been restored, the operation will continue." the sand ninja said to the three genin. "Gaara.." I thought. The three genin then left, "Wait!" I called after them. "Follow them, [Y/n] and Saskue" Genma said. "Right." I said, then jumped over the wall, Sasuke followed.

"Listen to me Sasuke, don't you dare try to kill Gaara, you understand?" I said, strictly. Sasuke stopped, so I turned around to look at him. "What are you-", but before I could finish Sasuke put me in a genjutsu. "Sas-uke.." I managed to say before I blacked out.

~Sasuke POV~

I caught [Y/n] before she fell, and gently laid her on the ground. Not like I wanted to do this, our match wasn't over, and she was trying to interfere with it.

"Sorry [Y/n], but I have to kill him." I said to her while she was as lying on the ground. I then proceeded to follow Gaara and the others.

~Y/n POV~

"[Y/n], [Y/n]!" I heard someone calling my name. I slowly opened my eyes to see I was on my brother's back. "What happened?" I asked. "You were put under a genjutsu." Sakura said. Then I remembered, "We need to find Sasuke, now!" I said, in fear that he might have killed Gaara.

Naruto then pointed up ahead on said "Look!" Gaara was up ahead about to kill Sasuke, I jumped off my brother's back, allowing him to kick Gaara. Sasuke started to scream out in pain. "Hey, uh.. Sakura, earth to Sakura." my brother called out. "What do you want?" Sakura asked, annoyed. "This guy over here, who the hell is he?" my brother asked. "His outward appearance may be different, but he's the one you know as Gaara." Pakkun said. Naruto jumped back in shock. "Wasn't that obvious Naruto!" I scolded my brother.

"So it's you two, your the two I didn't kill that day." Gaara said. "Gaara, stop this, you don't know what you're doing." I pleaded. Naruto then shouted, "Guys, come on we have to go now!" Gaara then pounced towards Sasuke, but Sakura stood in front of him, trying to protect Sasuke. "Move it!", Gaara yelled, pinning Sakura to tree with his hand. Gaara started clutching his head again, in agony.