The what?

~Y/n POV~

"Have you forgotten the reason we came all the way here?" Gaara asked Kankuro. "I-I know, they challenged us." Kankuro said nervously. "See here's what happened-" Kankuro started but before he could finish Gaara said, "Shut up, or I'll kill you." Kankuro backed away in fear. Kankuro apologized to Gaara, while Gaara apologized to us. "It's ok y'know!" I said while smiling. He then stared at me for a minute.

~Gaara POV~

"That girl, she's the first person besides me to land a critical hit on Kankuro, and actually scare Temari. I should keep observing her." I thought. I then turned to the boy in the tree. "And he stopped Kankuro with a pebble, made it look easy. This guy's someone to keep an eye on as well." I thought

~Y/n POV~

Gaara came down from the tree and told the others to go. Sakura then asked them what they were doing here and they answered saying they were here for the Chunin Exams. "The what?" I asked.

"Have you guys been living under a rock? You have no idea what's going on do you?" she asked me. "Well no one has told us anything." I said nervously. "Hah what an idiot, she doesn't even know what's happening in her own village! Are you really a ninja?" Kankuro said making fun of me. I clenched my fists, my red hair starting to float a little. Temari and Kankuro backed up a little. Little did I know, Gaara was observing everything I did and how I looked doing it.

"Now now sis, calm down don't let it get to you y'know!" your brother said nervously. I went back to my calm state and said while bowing, "I'm sorry, force of habit." Konohamaru then explained that the Chunin exams were something every genin has to take to become a chunin. "I am so there!" Naruto said in excitement. I nodded in response. Gaara and the other two then started to walk off. "Hey wait!" I called.

I ran up to Gaara and tapped on his shoulder lightly. He was about to attack, until he saw that it was me. "What?" he asked. "Don't you wanna know our names?" I asked, while giving a soft smile. He stared at me for a minute then responded by saying, "Only you and tree boy over there." I was so excited to make a new friend! "I'm [Y/n] Uzumaki!" I said giving him a big smile. "Sasuke Uchiha." Saskue said. "I am Gaara of the desert." Gaara said.

"That's a cool name, nice to meet you Gaara!" I said giving him a closed eyed smile. He just responded with a "mm". Him and Saskue stared at each other for a while. Then my brother said to Gaara, "Hi there I bet your dying to know my name to right!" to which he responded, "I couldn't care less." I giggled at his response and he looked back at me for a moment, then continued to walk off. Unknown to us, someone was watching..

Time skip brought to you by Gaara of the desert! "Get away from me, or I'll kill you."

Me and my team had just arrived at the Chunin Exams to see two boys blocking the door. They gave a speech that I wasn't bothered enough to listen to. "Real nice speech, now step aside and let us through. And while your at it reverse the genjutsu." Sasuke said. "So you saw through the genjutsu." the boy on the right said. "Of course we did y'know! We're not stupid!" I said, with confidence.

Today was the Chunin Exam for my team, and I wanted it to go as smoothly as possible. "Tell them Sakura I'm sure you saw it before anyone else did." Sasuke told Sakura. She actually didn't know but played it off anyway. "This is only the second floor!" Sakura said. "Right!" said Naruto.

The two boys reversed the genjutsu. Sasuke and one of the boys were about to fight, until the bowl cut boy stopped them. "He's as fast as Sasuke, he must have been hiding his skill level." I thought. He then walked up to Sakura introducing himself as Rock Lee. He also, surprisingly, asked her to be his girlfriend. Not really surprisingly, he got rejected. "Hey Naruto, Sasuke, [Y/n] come on let's go." Sakura said. The four of us then walked off, hand in hand.