15

— chapter fifteen: the different kinds of tensions —

in the following days a weird tension was building up. everyone was anticipating the moment they would have finally located seventeen's head quarters. even though exciting, the process dragged itself out, causing everyone to he on their edge of their seat.

this tension got broken up though when taeyong called everyone into the spacious living room which had been repurposed to their meeting space.

when everyone arrived taeyong cleared his throat, gaining all members' attention. "so as you all know, we're tracking down seventeen's location. i know everyone has been working hard, training and anticipating. but i also know that not all the members have been present recently so i would like to welcome back our hard working members from china." with that taeyong opened the entrance door where kun was helping eight men to carry their luggage into the mansion.

"yangyang!" jaemin and donghyuck called out at the same time, running up to him and giving him welcoming hugs. donghyuck also spotted mark walking up to three other men, greeting them all with hugs and high fives.

taeyong waited for everyone to calm down until he spoke up again. "because we have three guests" he turned to the newly arrived men "i'll introduce you. donghyuck, renjun, jeno, these are ten and winwin." taeyong pointed towards two men next to kun.

"this is lucas and next to him and mark are hendery and xiaojun," taeyong continued and the mentioned members waved, "and you already know yangyang." taeyong finished with a smile. donghyuck gave the latter a tight side hug which made yangyang giggle.

"now everyone," kun spoke up a bit louder, "we also have news. we brought two additions from china," he said with a sly smile. "these are sungchan and shotaro. please welcome them." he announced and pointed at the last two men. both looked quite shy, one had a really adorable eye smile.

everyone in the room applauded the new members and then it all went into chaos. donghyuck did not have the chance to talk with either sungchan or shotaro as the first was already conversing with taeyong and the second got claimed by yuta who seemed glad to have another japanese member next to him in nct.

"we're so many people." donghyuck whispered at yangyang who laughed out loud "tell me about it. hi chenle and jisung!" the taiwanese greeted the youngest two.

indeed they were so many by now. donghyuck was silently worrying about taeyong who seemed to be quite stressed out. but after asking, taeyong reassured donghyuck it was all good. kun and mark were both helping him out so that taeyong didn't have all the work on his shoulders alone. donghyuck secretly admired taeyong and his ability to lead all the members as there was now eighteen of them. it was impressive, really. plus he also had to look over donghyuck, renjun, jeno, chenle and jisung.

although chaotic, the next days were a lot of fun. not only could donghyuck finally talk with yangyang again but he also got to know the two newest members sungchan and shotaro, both of which were super nice.

coming from a rich and noble household and immediately getting into his father's business after turning nineteen, donghyuck never got to experience the fun of having so many young and nice people around him. of course, he had been friends with jeno and renjun but only the two of them were no comparison to what he had now. it felt like with every day passing, each and every person in the mansion grew closer together. the closest though donghyuck remained with jeno and renjun, except now he also stayed around jaemin and especially yangyang more.