Chapter 04: Three Rules

Beginne am Anfang

"What you did a few moments ago was very disapproving. I don't take that kind of attitude from any-"

"Then learn how to take it and get used to it." I cut off the nonsense he was uttering with an eye roll. He raised a brow, a little taken aback. He was a stranger to me, so I'll talk to him like one.

"Well then, I wanted to discuss some rules with you." His eyes were filled with amusement. I rolled my eyes, irritated. Rules were the least of my favorite things in the world. It seriously made me want to puke. It's not like anybody followed rules these days. Like, come on.

"Just get it over with," I said, boredom evident in my eyes.

"Alright. I have three rules. Don't go anywhere without informing one of your brothers. No revealing clothes and no boys." His voice grew cold. Disapprovement in his voice as he said the last part.

"I have a question about the no boys rule." I lazily waved my hand. He waited for me to continue.

"What if I happen to like girls?"I could barely wipe away the smirk forming on the corner of my lips. He went completely still and tensed. It was the first time I'd seen him so--distorted. It made me want to chuckle.

"What? Don't mess with me, Helen."He rubbed the back of his head, clenching his jaw. I wanted to burst out laughing, but I somehow managed to keep a very serious face, showing him I was quite serious about it when I was really messing with him.

"Alright then, definitely no girls for you then."He rubbed his forehead, he was clearly stressed.

"Okay, so where was I? Your grades are wonderful, except for the fact that you've got into lots of fights and detentions. I expect you to behave. School will start next Monday for you. Meaning you only have two more days to get ready. Any questions?" He asked.

"Oh sorry, I didn't realize you were an expert on how I should live my life. Hold on, let me get a notebook. " I retorted, unconcerned about the topic. School was never my thing, anyway. It was boring, annoying, and it's full of empty stupid heads with teenagers with hormonal issues.

"I'm serious." He glared at me.

"I agree! " I rolled my eyes, agreeing to his stupid rules. I mean, rules are meant to be broken, right?

"Good, and don't wear hoodies to cover your face. "

"Well, here's the thing. I can't."

"Why?" He asked.

"Well, if you want me to take off my hoodie, I think we would make a deal." The corner of my lips curled up into a smirk. and I locked my eyes with his grey ones.

"Mhm? " He hummed. He was clearly so done with my bullshit.

"You get me a motorcycle, I won't wear hoodies to cover my face anymore. " I offered.

"You know how to ride? " He was amused.

"Yes, now decide. Take the deal or leave it." Ace thought for a moment before dropping his gaze at me.

"Fine, deal. You'll have your motorcycle by tomorrow " He agreed.

"It's late, you should go to sleep. Tomorrow Ren, Ryan, Kalen, and Hailie will go shopping with you. " He stated.

"Can I not go? " I groaned, a bit annoyed.

"It's decided, goodnight." Ace chuckled. Narrowing my eyes at him, I walked up to the door.

"Don't make decisions alone now. It will affect others. Remember that you aren't alone now. " Ace says enough for me to hear. His voice was low, and I knew it was a warning. He was a stranger to me, and to him, I am also a stranger who just entered his family after fifteen years. I froze in my tracks and turned around to meet his eyes. He meant what he said and I gave him a glare before abruptly walking out of the office. Slamming the door with a loud thud.

It was my first day here and he was already giving me warnings and threatening me.

I curse under my breath, rolling my eyes at his warning, and tried to calm down the anger rising inside me as I walked to my room. Then I collided with someone, making both of us fall with the impact.

"Jesus, my book." Ren groaned, quickly taking the book he was reading earlier in the dining room from the marble floor. He must've been reading when I bumped into him.

"Watch when you walk."I tried to walk past him after muttering some curses in irritation. Keyword. I 'tried'.

"Sis, please do watch your tone." Ren gently gripped my wrist, preventing me from going to my room.  His face was void of any emotions. A humorous chuckle left my lips. Never mind, it wasn't very humorous.

"Why are you so confusing? What happened to you?" He asks, all kinds of emotions accompanying him for a moment. I leaned in, before whispering.

"Fucking shit happened. " With that, I yanked my hand from his grip and went to my room, shutting the door with a loud slam.

Today I've got through enough shit, time to let some steam down.

⁀➷

Vote & Comment

ℳ𝑒𝓁 ⟿