Chapter 03: A puppet

Start from the beginning

I was in denial and in constant pain back then, but now, everything feels numb and empty. The place humans live; the world is filled with constant cruelty and pain, and people are the best at inflicting pain upon others because they know the pain and understand it. However, it is a dreadful, vacant, and worthless kind of pain you feel when your own family gives up you and abandons you. Your own blood.

⊶⤟  ❦  ⤠⊷

"Helen, wake up. It's dinner time." I yawned and stretched, lazily batting my eyes. The material pressed against my body was soft and warm. Wait. A bed? In a rush, I jumped out of my bed, looking around. I was in a room. Then suddenly, everything hit me.

Sarah and her boyfriend's death, my brother came, I beat up Florian, and then I fell asleep in the car. How did I come here? Am I in Italy right now? I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Calm down, we're in Italy at our home." I stride towards him and fist his clean white shirt in hand while Axel explained.

"How did I come here?" I demanded. "Well, you were sleeping pretty peacefully, so I didn't wake you up. You didn't wake up even when I moved you to our helicopter." He was amused. I let go of his shirt and took a step back. True, I did sleep a lot after such a long time.

"Everyone is waiting for you in the dining room. I'll be waiting for you outside by your door."He says, closing my door. Releasing a sigh, I walk toward the bathroom on instinct, and my steps stop abruptly. It was muscle memory. I glance around the room painted bright purple and shaded with pink. There was a huge pink cushion right next to a bundle of books that sat on a bookshelf. A Tv was placed in front of the queen size bed. Everything was polished as if someone lived in this room, but it was my room. Everything in this room is still the same. They didn't change anything, but the situation was changed.

A grim expression formed on my face, and I made a mental note to redecorate the whole room to my preferences. I walk to the bathroom and stare at my pale face in the mirror. Every time I glimpse at my face, I'm reminded of my twin siblings. Hailie and Kalen. No one was able to separate us from each other when we were little, but then again, we were. I glare into my blue eyes, resentment crawling inside me. In looks, I was a copycat of my father. That's the reason mother got angry whenever she saw my face. No, she was livid. Tying my brunette hair into a bun, I freshened up. I didn't feel like showing my face, so I put on my hoodie, covering most part of my face.

⊶⤟  ❦  ⤠⊷

Grunting, I walk beside Axel. The mansion was still the same as before, everything was in silver and white, shaded with black. Nothing changed here, but the people that reside in this mansion have probably changed. After walking down a long hallway, taking two different turns, and passing down a staircase, we stop outside the dining room. I heard people chatting and laughing. An unknown yet familiar feeling arise inside me. Axel looks at me, waiting for me. Though I don't want to admit it, I was a bit nervous. I closed my eyes, recalling the day when their eyes were cold and blank as I pleaded on my knees to not abandon me, as I begged them sobbing, to not throw me out. I open my eyes, gesturing to Axel that I'm ready. Anger was all I could feel at the moment. Always anger over anything.

Stillness. A long silence follows when I enter the dining room. Axel whispers, gently tugging at my hand a little. "Follow me, Sorella." I walk behind him, somewhat hiding behind his huge back. Inhaling, I stride a bit fast, walking side by side with him, and sit down in a chair before he tells me.

I felt everyone's gaze on me, but it was normal for me. I didn't get uncomfortable since as an underground fighter and assassin, lots of people stare at me, want me, and fear me. However, I radiate a strong gaze lingering at me and I glimpse at the direction, and my inside twitches.