38.[Where She Climbs Aboard The Pity Train]

Start from the beginning

"So when he gon' go away? I mean he cool and what not but you already so emotional and shit, you stubborn, all dese niggas on your back making this complicated."

"You behave as if I want them. I'm basically running from Malcolm and Roscoe is just the skeleton in my closet. He needs my help."

"So whatcu gon do after they release him? It obvious somebody tryna put a bullet in his ass. So what you want one too?"

I smirked at how seriously shielding he was and we have only been seeing each other for a little over 48 hours. Something about him makes me want to strangle him yet kiss him at the same time. It's remarkably confusing how the torturous love and hate goes on between us.

"Of course not. I'm not involve—-

"You already involved Phoebe." He scowled with a stern look."He came to yo' house. Yo' doorstep. You used ta' work wid him, people might forget the name but they gon remember the face . After this Ion want you round him no mo'."

I just stared at him, at how domineering he can be. His tone was so heavy-handed and he was basically telling me what I can and could not do.

"But—-

"Family of a Rosco——

Before the nurse could even finish I darted up rushing over to him and she led August and I down to his room.

"In here."

I walked inside and August didn't want to come into the room so he stayed outside. Why didn't he want to say anything ? I thought they were cool?

"Roscoe?" I whispered walking over to his bedside. His eyes were slightly closed down and the doctor walked in before I could tap him.

"Why hello, and you are?" He smiled friendly.

"Phoebe, is ex-girlfriend..." I awkwardly retort, really Phoebe. I mentally kick myself.

"Okay. Nice to meet you well. I'm Dr. Sanderson and Roscoe here as suffered two cruel stabs to his ribcage." I cringed looking at a now wide awake Roscoe.

"The stabs nearly damaged very, vital intestines. He's lucky. But he's elbow is also fractured. He's going to need plenty of rest. He'll be on intensive care here for maybe about the followingo one- two weeks."

I looked down a bit relieved yet saddened. No wonder he was bleeding so much. I thought he was shot.

"Okay. That's good right?"

"Very. As I said before he's very lucky."

"Okay Doctor thank you. Can he speak to me?"

"Yeah he's okay, may be a little drowsy form the pain killers."

"Okay."

"Oh, he's may need blood, we're just monitoring that for now. Would you be willing to give? We haven't seen anyone else who has come as his family."

"Oh. Y—yeah sure."

"Okay. We'll have to check your type."

He smiled before he exited the door and I just stood there staring at Roscoe lay in the hospital bed, that smelt of baby wipes, latex gloves and penicillin.

"Roscoe?"

"Phe." He moved his head looking at me.

"You feeling okay?" I walked towards him even more.