21.[Where She Is Blindsided]

[Ms.Phoebe's The following Day]

"Daddy drink some of this. Quick Before your nurse or Mom comes back." I put the straw to his mouth from my Orange fanta from McDonalds. He wanted something other than water to drink so bad I just had to sneak it.

"Dad, you're gonna get brain freeze." I chuckled at how hard he was trying to suck it down.

"Tastes good." He smiled. "Got the apple pie?"

I nodded quickly looking in the bag for it. "Here, hurry."

Since I've been coming here, spending more time with him daily, we've gotten a lot of things straightened out and I didn't realize how much I missed out on having a Father figure all these years until now. He's actually not half bad and he's explained to me what he was going through and why he took out his anger on Mom. The alcohol took over his mind and so it did with his actions, I've forgiven him as long as Mom is able to, I might as well.

"That nurse isn't coming back now. She's on been gone all day. I think there's some fancy celebrity here." He ate a piece of the pie.

"Yeah, one of my students Parents, but anyway when you getting out of here?"

"Maybe next week for sure. Yeah the surgery is soon and the chemo is working so I think next week they'll let me go and then I'll just come every now and then for my treatments."

I nodded. "Dad?"

"Yeah?" He dusted off his hands.

"How do you know when you like someone?"

He smiled. "Uh oh."

"What?"

"You like someone."

"I don't I'm just asking. How did you know when you liked mom? I said liked, not LOVED. Liked."

"Well, the first time I saw her, she had that walk, such confidence. I knew I had to have her."

I nodded, sipping the soda. He continued. "When you look somebody in their eyes you're able to tell exactly who they are and what they will be to you."

"What do you mean?"

"Whenever I looked your Mom directly in her eyes, she smiles and her eyes flutter a bit. I can see her soul. I'm telling you, try it."

"Daddy I'm shy, I don't like to look into his eyes-I mean the guys eyes."

"So there is a somebody!"

"No. I made a mistake."

"How can you be shy to fall in love but you weren't too shy to lose your virginity. I'm not understanding."

"Dad!" I rolled my eyes. Why did I feel like such a teenage girl today? "That's different Dad."

"How long have you been seeing this guy?"

"I'm not even seeing him, that's the thing."

"So you just like him from afar?"

"No, I'm not sure if I like him at all. Look, Dad he is so handsome and he can be sweet but most of the time his ego is on a million and he has a girlfriend I think. I don't even know what she is."

"Ohhhh." He went silent.

"Yeah ohhhh."

"Has he said anything to you?"

"Yeah, we talk. I guess. It always turns into a disagreement."

"Ohhh, that means you guys are just alike then, hot headed."