"she isn't online! i'm just gonna send her a video of us!" luz explained, camila sighed and lightly patted her daughter's shoulder. "you can call your girlfriend later, mija. for now, you need to help us with dinner, okay?"

luz nods, eda gave her phone back which luz immediately snatched away. "whoa there, kid." eda chuckled. luz looked onto the camera again and smiled brightly.

"we'll talk later, amity! bye babe!"

then the video ended.

amity placed her phone beside her, she gripped the pillow near her head and used it to muffle her screams.

was that her mom? she seems chill about luz having as her girlfriend. or she left out the information of me being a blight?

who was the other woman though? her other mom? no... aunt maybe? luz did mention the name 'eda' when king first arrived in the campus.

whatever the case is. they accepted amity! beside her not being actually there, luz is right. she's accepted.

amity grabbed her phone again, she read at the messages luz sent while she was eating.

'hey amity!'   read 6:46pm
'babe look!'   read 7:22pm

it shows another video, but a short one, of luz stick a carrot onto a snowman's face before getting hit by a snowball in the face. the laughter was perfectly cut as the video ends.

'i hope you're having fun there! tell the twins i said hi!'   read 7:46

amity closed her eyes, she took a sharp inhale before letting out a quick exhale.

'i am! i miss you already'   sent 8:14

amity proceeds to greet everyone 'happy christmas eve' as she waits for luz's reply.

then a bing is heard, amity immediately opened it to see luz's reply.

'aww! you do?!'   sent 8:16

amity scoffs, then luz followed up last message.

'tbh, i do too 😅'  sent 8:16
'hey, mind if i call?? i mean it's fine if u don't wanna'    sent 8:16

amity looked at her closed door, she quickly got up and gave it a push to make sure if it's really close. she can't lock her door, her parents told her not to as for them to monitor their children.

to prevent them doing something... scandalous.

amity dropped down onto the bed again and grabbed her phone as she started to type.

'sure'   read 8:17

▶▶▶

"f- father! please stop!!"

"father, stop it!!"

"SHUT UP!!"

amity jolted awake as she heard a loud boom, slightly panting her heart started racing as she can hear what seems like her siblings...

"YOU PATHETIC EXCUSE OF A SON! I SHOULD HAVE DISOWN- NO, KILLED YOU EVEN YOU TURNED INTO THIS SHIT! YOU DON'T BRING HONOR IN THIS FAMILY AS A MAN. YOU BRING SHAME!!"

alador's screams are heard through the walls. "and you-" then emira's scream is heard. amity clasped her hand onto her mouth as tears started to threat to fall.

"YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO BE A ROLE MODEL FOR YOUR SISTER BUT INSTEAD, YOU BECAME LIKE YOUR TWIN AND BROUGHT DISGRACE!!"

what is happening....

amity shakily stood up, she doesn't have a plan to help her twins but she wants it to stop.

but her door suddenly swung open to see odalia with a grim look on her face. "where are you heading, dear?" she asked. "wh- what is happening-" amity was cut off by another scream of pain making her wince.

her mother, although, was unfazed.

"that doesn't matter." odalia closed the door behind her then threw pictures onto the floor, sprawling close to amity's feet. "what is this?" amity asked, as she gulped, trying not to make her voice crack.

"you tell me." amity slowly knelt down to see the pictures better, she grabbed one and her whole body started to shake. odalia watched her daughter breakdown.

"h- how-"

"luz noceda. major of fine arts, a caring friend, a responsible young adult. she lives in birmingham avenue, owl street at the third to the last house." odalia reported in a monotone.

"is she not the girl in those pictures? is she not" then odalia grabbed amity by the hair, making her stand up. amity hissed, she tried to take her mother hands off her hair.

"the girl you've been scandalous with for the past months?!" then amity was slammed against the fall, she groaned but then odalia grabbed her hair again and started pulling on.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW THIS'LL DAMAGE OUR REPUTATION?! DO YOU KNOW HOW THIS INSIGNIFICANT GIRL CAN RUIN YOUR FUTURE?! DID YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT AMITY?!" her mother screamed.

finally, odalia lets amity's hair go. amity stumbled as she backs up from her. she wants to get out here.

odalia sighed deeply, she have amity the same expressionless face she always shows. "but, i am being kind today. please do cut ties with that girl before we do. you have 9 months."

then she left.

the whole manor is silent now. no more screams, no more cries. but dead silence. amity sat down at her bed, the throbbing on her head hurts as tears violently running down her cheeks. she hugs herself.

she wants to be hugged. no, she needs to be hugged. she needs comfort.

everything is clicking now. the flash of a camera when she and luz went on their first date isn't a coincidence. maybe the halloween party as well..

amity saw a picture of all of the people huddled together to make a massive groupfie.

she's in this situation all over again. back then, it was her best friend willow but. it's different now.

it's luz. her girlfriend, the person whom she sworn to protect and love... but if amity stays, she wouldn't protect her.

then her phone binged as a notification came.

'merry christmas!!'   sent 8:12