Chapter 5 B

B. Kill Priam

I've been searching for answers to my sister's death for a long time now, but Priam didn't even bother to tell me that he was at the forest during the incident

I've been searching for answers to my sister's death for a long time now, but Priam didn't even bother to tell me that he was at the forest during the incident. What if he's the one who killed my sister, and he's just fooling me all this time? What if Lothaire is right all along?

I stared at him with so much rage and suspicion. I shouldn't have trusted him in the first place.

I looked at them as they're both standing opposite my direction. I fixated my gaze towards him and Lothaire. They almost look the same; tall and mysterious who cast a dark threatening aura. They also have the same green eyes. Sino nga ba sa kanila ang tunay kong kaaway?

I closed my eyes and concentrated for a while. Naramdaman ko ang pag-igting ng braso ko pababa sa aking kamay. Mula sa ilang pagkakataon na nailabas ko ang ibang klaseng enerhiyang ito, natutunan ko na kung paano ito kontrolin. I can feel the heat running in my veins.

Finally, I gathered my energy flow.

But before I release it towards Priam, I saw how he extended his arms as if squeezing a force inside his hand. He then pointed it towards Lothaire, and in a snap, his body stopped from moving.

Advance stasis. Kung hindi ako nagkakamali, ginagamit na niya ang kanyang ability na isang uri ng body suspension.

I heard Lothaire groaned in despair, like an instant stab of pain. I saw his toned muscles cracked as he tried to fight the suspension. After a long silence, his pallid body shivered and he instantly stood up.

"You're really testing my patience," he respond while staring intently at Priam. His eyes gleamed as he let out a rough howl.

In a flash, Priam's neck started turning gray, and his veins became strongly visible as if wanting to pop out from its place.

I'm afraid how this encounter can turn out so badly because they both have a power that can kill you silently. I'm starting to question if I can make it out alive.

After turning Priam's assault, he turned towards my direction and glanced at me with his penetrating green eyes.

"Why are you looking at me?" I uttered in a small inaudible voice.

Pumailanlang sa paligid ang katahimikan at agad kong naramdaman ang tawag ng panganib. This is going to be extremely dangerous.

"See how this guy attacked me? I don't want you to die from his filthy hands like your sister," he replied menacingly with his deep velvety voice.

I stared at Priam even more but he averted his gaze.

"Tama ba siya, Priam? Bakit hindi ka makatingin sa akin nang diretso?" I said in a fuming tone.With my hands shivering in anger, I gathered my strength for the second time and aimed the ball of energy flow towards Priam.

He somehow managed to get away from my attack but I saw the vague streak of light slithering on his left arm.

"Don't listen to him," he said while wincing in pain.

I don't know what to believe anymore. My head's starting to ache with all these happenings. I can feel the madness fueling my system. I can't seem to control myself because a large ball of energy is exploding from my palms.

This time, it landed on Lothaire's body. The long streak of light started to crawl on his body. He yelped a loud clamor as if what struck him drains all his remaining strength.

He shouted words I couldn't understand and slowly fell to the ground. I can hear him shrieking in pain.

Suddenly, his wrist started to glow. I walked near him and saw how the 6 pointed star tattoo released magic circles that floated like holograms in the air.

What is the meaning of this?

Paulit-ulit siyang sumisigaw na para bang sa pamamagitan noon ay maglalaho ang sakit na bumabalot sa buong katawan niya.

After a while, I saw his green eyes faded into color, and his white pallid skin turned brown.

He no longer look like a vampire. Now, he's just a helpless human. How unfortunate that he was the cause of his own downfall.

***

Ilang sandali lamang, narinig ko ang tunog ng mga sasakyan. Dumating ang mga opisyales ng UBSL suot ang itim nilang uniporme.

"We received a distress signal from Priam," started the man in his late forties.

Maliban doon ay hindi ko na marinig ang pinag-uusapan nila. Ramdam ko ang panghihina ng aking katawan at panginginig ng tuhod ko. I checked my hands and saw a lot of bruises.

Bago ko pa man tuluyang maipikit ang mga mata ko, nakita kong dinala nila ang sugatang katawan ni Priam at Lothaire sa loob ng sasakyan.

***

I found myself laying on this white bed. I roamed my gaze and saw the white confined walls and medicine cabinet at the right side of my bed.

Nakita ko ang mga pasa sa braso ko at bumalik sa akin ang alaala ng engkwentro ko kay Lothaire.

Until now, I don't have a clear idea on what happened to my sister and I'm starting to lose hope.

The bruises and scratches from my hands are still aching but I don't care will all these physical damage. I'm still bothered about my sister, with Lothaire and Priam. I can feel my heart aching more than my wounds.

I just wanted to know the truth. Why do I need to end up like this?

Suddenly, I heard a knock from the door. The doctor wearing her cream scrubs entered the room.

She checked the condition of my arms and adjusted the IV that's connected to my hands.

"I'm glad to see you awake," she smiled while telling this to me.

"How long have I been sleeping?" I can't help but asked.

"It's been three days. But there's something important we need to tell you," she added. I slightly nodded at her as a reply.

"Priam is dead."

***

What will she do next?

If you want her to attend Priam's funeral, click Chapter 6

If you want her to attend Priam's funeral, click Chapter 6.2 A.

If you want her to confront Lothaire, click Chapter 6.2 B.