Chapter 6.1 A

A. Hear the truth from Priam

I felt a wave of nausea and drowsiness when I fluttered my eyes open

I felt a wave of nausea and drowsiness when I fluttered my eyes open. My eyes landed on a blurry sight of a white ceiling in front of me, which made me conclude that I'm in a medical facility. I tried moving my hands but they were heavy with bandages.

My entire body felt like I've been down for a long time.

My vision cleared and that's when I saw Priam's worried gaze beside me. The dark layers underlining his green eyes made it seem like he was awake all night. Dinampi niya ang likod ng kanyang kamay sa aking noo.

"Anong nararamdaman mo? May masakit ba?" his anxious voice made me stare back at him.Tumango lang ako dahil 'di ko pa alam kung anong kondisyon ko. I just remember blacking out after our encounter with Lothaire. Remembering his name suddenly flooded my head with a lot of memories.

Did he have something to do with my sister's death?

I averted my gaze from him and breathed hard. He acted like he didn't know me the first time we met when he could've revealed to me my life's biggest mystery right then and there. But, no. If it weren't for Lothaire, would I ever know about his involvement with Avery's case?

With everything that happened for the last weeks, I'm exhausted. Gusto ko nang matapos 'to. Back in the real world, my sister's death haunted me endlessly. Gusto ko lang ng sagot. Gusto ko ng hustisya. I longed for my memories because I thought I could do something if I got them back. I didn't know that the path of the truth could be this arduous.

My doubts and fears make me question Priam's intention. But I can never forget how he helped all this time. He's been with me all along. The least I can do is to hear his side.

Tinitigan ko siya ng maigi. He looked...scared, which is funny. A man who looks this sturdy and ruthless shouldn't show any signs of fear. But, he is. Him being like only adds fuel to my uncertainty.

I am afraid, too. I saved him because I still trust him, despite my reservations. I still believe in Priam Grey. Natatakot ako na mali akong pagkatiwalaan pa rin siya.

"Five years ago, during your twin Avery's death..." panimula niya. Kumalabog ang dibdib ko. "Yes, I was there." he sighed and bowed down.

Namuo ang luha sa mga mata ko.

His eyes went to me again. "But I didn't kill Avery, April. I didn't." They were firm and intense, but the guilt was still there. Why are you so guilty Priam?

"Bakit hindi mo sinabi sa akin una pa lang?"

"Five years ago, Lothaire was already on loose. As you already know, he was responsible for all the killings until your sister's death. He was hard to catch. He was stealthy and unlike us, he knows his way around the real world more than we do. The closest any of us had ever been with Lothaire was during the night of your sister's death."