Chapter 2.1 B

B. Don't trust Priam

I found myself inside this forest devoid of light with tall trees looming over the horizon

I found myself inside this forest devoid of light with tall trees looming over the horizon. The black shadow from the leaves and bushes covered the clear image of the pathway.

I started to walk as I grasp the fallen branches for support. I can feel the darkness enveloped my system. This is getting creepier.

The sound of the crumbly dried leaves began to echo as well as the loud swish of the wind. Every time I take a step, I hear the tiny noise banging in my ear. I feel like my eardrum is going to explode in a minute. I covered it with my hands to block the noise but to no avail.

I pushed myself to run fast as where my worn feet could take me, but I feel my knees trembling in fear. I have to get out of this place.

I kept on running towards different directions but I ended up being on the same area. Is this a trap?

After a few moment, the noise instantly came to a halt. Silence filled the forest. I started having goose bumps.

Why can't I hear anything? Am I under some kind of spell?

My head started to pound as a vivid memory started showing up inside my head. In a flash, I found myself standing near the lake with my sister. She's crawling down the grasses, her knees bleeding from scratches. She stretched her hands for help and called my name.

"April..." she muttered in a low, inaudible voice.

She looked at me with those intent brown eyes, wracking up the guilt in me.

I hate how we look exactly the same. The same brown eyes, long black wavy hair and a fair skin complexion. I hate why we need to share the same things, the same school, same friends, and same environment. I hate that my identity was being taken away from me because I have a twin sister.

I looked at her so much disgust. Why does she have to be born? Why can't it just be me?

"Please take my hand," she pleaded. I can see her almost crying.

I smiled sarcastically. Why would I help you when I actually want you dead?

I roamed my gaze around the place. No one is around except from the two of us. This is the perfect timing to get rid of her.

Suddenly, I felt my arm slowly tightened as if something strong wanted to burst. I feel the heat running in my veins like a flow of electricity. I saw a glowing ball of light from my palms. Where is this coming from?

"Please help me," she said as she stretched her shaking arms for the second time.

Maybe I could kill her through this racing energy.

I took her hand and gripped it firmly.

I saw how ball of light slithered to her arms. The streak of light electrified down to her whole body. The energy flow from my hands slowly consumed her remaining strength. She yelped in pain and cried for help.

No one's going to help you, little sister.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Avery muttered as she gasp for air.

I clutched her hand down to her wrist even more. I smiled as I caught sight of her body wrecking in pain, and whispered, "Because you deserve to die."

Everything suddenly went black as Avery turned to ashes. Before my vision started to get hazy, a man in black came into existence.

***

What will April do next?

If you want April to go to Titan Academy, click Chapter 3 A

If you want April to go to Van Zanth, click Chapter 3 B.