Chapter 6.2 A

A. Attend Priam's Funeral

My whole body feels weak

My whole body feels weak. I slowly opened my eyes, and from my peripheral vision, I saw someone checking my IV.

Then suddenly, my head ached, and memories start to flow in my mind.

Confrontation with Lothaire. Priam entering the scene. Me battling ---

"Nasa'n 'yong kasama ko?" I slowly got up from the bed, getting the attention of the nurse.

"Si Sir Priam po?" There was pity reflecting in her eyes. What's the pity for?

"Yes," I replied.

I thought things won't be any much worse...but it only took her four words.

"He didn't make it."

Four words to make me realize that everything's happening around me is at the peak of its worst state.

Priam is dead. All because of me. All because I didn't trust him enough.

I clenched my fist and bit my lip, trying to stop my tears from falling. "Where did they take his body?"

"In his hometown, Hesperia."

- -

I went to Hesperia and attended Priam's funeral, good thing the hospital allowed me to.

I looked around. Everyone's wearing black. The visitors just keep on coming. It just proves that many people love and adore Priam.

Something, or more like some people caught my eyes. A group of people, three boys and three girls -- around my age -- and they're all walking towards me.

A familiar elegant-looking woman went face to face with me and she is almost scowling at me. "I bet it's your fault again, huh?"

My forehead creased. What?

The girl with short hair grabbed her by the arm. "Victoria, ano ka ba? We're at Priam's funeral."

"Luna, this isn't your business," Victoria talked back.

"Let her be, Luna," the man said. He has this intimidating aura all over him.

He looked at Victoria. "Victoria, let's go talk somewhere else."

"Pero Gin ---"

Natahimik ang babae nang hawakan siya sa braso ng isa pang babaeng kasama nila. Wala siyang nagawa kung 'di bumuntong-hininga at tumango.

The man named Gin gave me one last glance and walked away. Sumunod sa kaniya ang iba niyang mga kasama. Except Victoria.

"Follow me." She walked and I followed.

When we were far enough from the crowd, she stopped. Hinarap niya ako.

"Why do you have to associate yourself again with him?! You know what happened before!" she shouted angrily.

My brows furrowed. I looked at her with confusion.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

Her eyes were sharply gazing at me. But after a few seconds, her eyes widened. Her mouth slightly open.

"Wait. Don't tell me... you forgot your memories?"

"Then you don't know how Lothaire killed your twin five years ago and how Priam was guilty about it?"

Victoria told me everything she knew five years ago. How Lothaire murdered Avery. How Priam saved me... and how guilty he was when he didn't save my twin.

- -

Bumalik na ulit kami. Victoria went back to her group.

I was just there trying to absorb everything she said earlier.

"Hello, April. I'm Rose from UBSL." A woman with long wavy hair wearing a black dress approached me. Pinakita niya ang ID niya.

"I hate wasting time, so I'll be straight to the point. Do you want to join UBSL, train at the prestige school of Titan Academy, and do a mission?"

She looked at me expectantly, as if she's a hundred percent sure I'm not going to turn down her offer.

"And oh, also, do you want to be free from the burden? We're here." she smirked.

"We can remove your charm but of course, your consent is needed."

***

What will April do with her charm?

If you want April to keep her charm, click Chapter 7

If you want April to keep her charm, click Chapter 7.3.

If you want April to remove her charm. click Chapter 7.4.