20: Seen?

And then he disappeared 

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

16 December

Jungkook shifted his eyes back to the sink and found his lens. He picked it in a quarter of seconds and entered a cubical. The click sound came and when Jungkook locked the door and it was then when Taehyun lifted his head from his phone.

Jungkook waited for some minutes before the sound of flush from the loo beside his came, washing of hands and then opening and closing of the door while all this he fixed his lens and his specs on the bridge of his nose. He carefully moved out of the washroom and then out of the office without getting noticed by anyone, even if someone noticed they didn't say anything.

He was now sitting inside a small café having some food. The sun was up on head but it was not hot, a bit warm one sweater day. He was done with his noodles and now sipping his drink and thinking about what he experienced at the road management office. He was jotting doing and marking things on his tablet where his plot of the situation was.

First- he still had no sign for taehyung, second- some Taehyun guy was following him around. Third- he saw nothing related to taehyung in the basket that Yeonjun showed him except the reflection of the ring he saw, he wasn't sure that it was taehyung's ring but there was a big maybe, a big maybe was also on the news that the victim died in this accident.

The want of your beloved makes you a weird person and so now Jungkook was wishing that if anybody has died it should be the other guy and not taehyung.

He had no choice than hoping that taehyung is safe and somewhere here and so he decided to find in locals, ask people if they had seen him. he looked through his phone, 90% of his gallery was filled albums dedicated to Taehyung or their couple pics. He dug out a picture, taehyung most recent one, and took a deep breath 'let's start with the café' he thought and went to ask the waiters, etc.

As Taehyun was not following him around anywhere it was easier for him to go to people. He tried asking the café staff but nothing came out. He went on the streets. Asking some people walking he got the answer with a shanking head.

But he could not lose hope. His walk took him to a colony.

Let's ask here, he went

"excuse me, sir, have you seen this person around?" the person looked at the image and shook his head. "ani" and he went forward.

Jungkook couldn't see more people around he was standing in the pathway alone, only the sound of wind making him feel more hopeless.

He went to the first house in front of him and knocked the door, a lady with a kid in her hand opened the door, "Ma'am, have you seen this person anywhere around?" he showed her the photograph.

The lady looked and it and shook her head before closing the door. this led Jungkook to another door. He ringed the bell before the door opened and he asked the same question.

Again, a lady opened the door shouting "I said I don't want soaps!" and when he came to terms with Jungkook, her eyes widen and mouth went to form an 'O'. "yes?" she again said.

"Sorry to disturb but have you seen this person anywhere around?" he showed her the image of the smiling taehyung. Her eyes visibly widen before she looked up at Jungkook with a terrified face.

"no ... no no no, I'm sorry" she bit panicked and bang closed the door in front of Jungkook's face leaving him dumbfounded. Little if Jungkook knew that taehyung's features match with a mafia member who stays active in this state.

Jungkook walked back with a confused face and went to other houses. After a couple of more houses with no success, Jungkook was again standing in front of a door. He was waiting for the door to open.

"Beomgyu! Someone at the door!" a deep voice came out. The door opened by a young-looking guy and Jungkook straighten his back.

"Sorry to disturb but I wanted to ask if you have seen this person around?" Jungkook said putting his phone in front of Beomgyu.

Bad idea

Bad idea

But as their luck decided to favor Jungkook a bit, he got a phone call covering his screen before the younger could properly see the pic. The call from Unknown made Jungkook retreat his phone but left enough impression on Beomgyu to doubt on the guy standing at his door.

Jungkook bowed to Beomgyu a bit before saying sorry and moving out of the doorway to aside.

Beomgyu thought a bit before he closed the door, shrugging. Jungkook walked a bit far, his eyebrows in a frown thinking who could have called him.

He picked the phone....

"Hello?"

"hello... is this the guy who came to the road department of XYZ area some hours ago to find about an accident that happened on the 10th?" now a familiar voice came.

"yes, it's me"

"oh, sir you seem disturbed when you left, and so thought to dig some more in your case"

A gulp ran down Jungkook's throat. "yes?"

"I'm sorry sir but I just found out that no one died in the accident"

A sigh escaped Jungkook's lips and he didn't say anything

"But sir, only one victim was found in the accident area. One is missing"

"Is he in a hospital or something... I mean where can I find-"

"sir wait, let me complete. The victim found was in the hospital for some days

But he ran away yesterday"

----

do I over exaggerate things?