3: COPe up

"Disappointed but not surprised"

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

10th December

Yoongi hung up the call after he sounded worried and started to inquire about taehyung at the airport.

"let's go to the police" hoseok suggested and Jungkook did a small nod.

And so they were sitting on the seats available in the police station. Hoseok came and sat beside Jungkook, "cop is coming" he informed, and again Jungkook all did was a nod.

The station was greyish and the lockups were mostly empty.

They sat there for some more minutes before the sound of footfall came to their ears. An old man came walking towards the desk, starching his tummy and yawning out with a wide mouth.

"aigoo~" is groaned as he sat down to his chair behind the desk and scanned the two males sitting in front. "yes?" he questioned, placing his glasses on his crunched nose.

"Sir, I lost contact with my husband, something was wrong when we last talked and then I lost contact, I'm not able to reach him, I-" Jungkook started, ignoring the glare of the cop, but when the old man raised his hands as to indicate, he stopped at the command.

"husband?" the cop questioned and Jungkook nodded a, yes, here we go... hoseok thought, they face difficulties every day because of their sexuality but in this serious matter, he wished that the cop was not homophobic.

The police officer sighed and took off his glasses, he lifted his tie up to the glass and held both sides of the lens with his fingers covering with the tied cloth, he rubbed and cleansed both sides before moving to the second. He again put his specks over his wrinkled nose and blinked twice before he focused on the public sitting in front.

"see mister, if you will go opposite from what rule god make, this will happen. Maybe he now knows this and that's why you fought, we will find him but, child, doesn't force him into something against nature." The officer looked pitifully at Jungkook. For the first 10 seconds, the two young men stared at the cop with a frown on their face, confused. The senior blinked, and that made hoseok snap back, he did a loud scoff and leaned back. Jungkook sighed. He ruffled his head in frustration.

"Sir can you please take my report and find him" he did the most dangerous glare to the older.

"ye-yes, yes" the cop gulped before opening his system at the monitor to file a report for the missing person.

"name?" "Kim taehyung"

"gender-male" "yes"

"age?" "27"

"your name?" "jeon Jungkook"

"relation with the missing person?" "spouse"

Officer lifted his eyes up just to meet with Jungkook's strong one. The old man feared at the younger and lowed his orbs back to the screen he continued to type because being under the law he can't take any action on his will.

"When did you last contacted him?" "an hour ago" a nod was followed

"he got missed in south Korean premises right?" "no... foreign" Jungkook hesitated to gulp and the cop stopped typing. The old man whined in annoyance.

"you should have told me before," he complained and deleted this form, he went to another file that contained reports for missing people outside the south Korean boundary.

The policeman typed the whole form again, coming to the next untold question.

"where did he get miss?" the officer asked "North Korea"

A sudden stop was noticed in cop's typing. "what?!" he questioned.

"N-North Korea" Jungkook gulped, knowing how intense this makes the situation.

The old man sighed and closed this form also.

"who is he? A terrorist? A spy? How did he go to North Korea." The cop came to some of it to his attention. Although he asked how did he go to North Korea he suspected that maybe Jungkook was from North Korea.

Jungkook looked through his small waist bag and took out a paper. "no sir it's not like that, he was on the camp to north Korea, he-he is learning in Seoul national hospital." Jungkook passed the paper which contained taehyung's identification from Seoul hospital and some details of the camp.

The cop took the sheet of paper taking a good time reading it all. He again glared at Jungkook with narrow eyes, the cop closed his eyes, sighed, and opened his eyes again to look at Jungkook and hoseok. He turned back to his monitor and searched for a document.

The clicks on the mouse and the taps on the keyboard echoed and Jungkook was getting more nervous by the reaction of the officer. The middle-aged stopped typing and turned the screen to the two men.

Treat together (N Korea- S Korea) government medical camp.

"what do the terms and conditions say?" the cop asked coldly.

"I know sir but-"

"it says that this is a sensitive camp and one has to take responsibility for themselves. It says that one will be responsible for anything which happens to them in North Korea, doesn't it?"

"yes sir but-"

"you can leave Mr. jeon" the old man straighten the monitor back to its correct angle and fixed his eyes on the screen, not looking at the two were in shock.

A sudden build of rage waved in Jungkook's body and he stood up, slapping his hands on the table in front. The 'tak' sound echoed in the room and every eye went on the three, two men in anger and one cop in shock looking up at the young man. "how could you do that!" Jungkook shouted, his eyes wide and red in rage.

"Is this how seriously you take your citizen's security. We all have to take our responsibility but still, we have the right to go to the police if we have a problem!"

The cop stood up, his face in sweat and mouth opening and closing like a fish, he tried to clam Jungkook with a hand gesture as he was creating a scene in the station. "calm down, calm down" he whispered.

"find taehyung! He is lost and you care about the terms and conditions he signed on! I want him back, back here with me!" Jungkook was an edge to tear up, hoseok took hold of the younger and make him sit back on the sit. Jungkook fell on the chair with no efforts, he felt hopeless at the moment.

"I'll file a report, sir, I'll do it, calm down please" the officer tried to peace the moment. He gulped and opened the report form again, filling out information. Hoseok helped in the details and Jungkook, he just sat there, eyes looking at nothing.

Numb he felt.

Taehyung's last yelp on the call echoed in his mind.

Jungkook—

Jungkook I don't feel good here, I want to come back

His cries echoed in mind.
Taehyung-ah! Where are you?