𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Millie never slept easily. She usually stared at the ceiling for hours on end, hoping that a miracle would occur and she would finally fall asleep.

And that night seemed like a prevalent one, like all the others. But little did she know.

She was reminiscing again. Her alcoholic parents dying in a car crash, her grandmother passing away, Jacob harassing her, her being abducted and so on...

She wondered whether the pain would ever stop. She wondered whether she would feel happiness again.

Happiness was a word that sounded implausible to Millie. How did it even feel like? She had honestly forgot. 

She was on the verge of crying again. Under normal circumstances, she would go to the bathroom and cut herself. She wanted to so badly.

But she didn't do it.

Because her door opened out of the blue, and her heart stopped.

It was dark, but she could discern his figure. 

His tall yet sculpted body, his lustrous curls, he was distinctive like that. Millie knew it was him. Relief fulfilled her as her heart started beating again. Finn was in her room.

Wait, what was he doing in her room at 4am?

Especially after the way he had acted that day?

She was still mad at him because of the rude, audacious way he spoke to her in the morning. She was just being polite and cheerful, and he made her feel like absolute trash. 

Finn was always bipolar like that. Sometimes kind, sometimes rude, happy, sad, calm, angry, flirty, snubbish and on repeat.

No matter how hard she tried to coexist with him, it seemed impossible.

But she also couldn't stay away from him. That was impossible too, and deep down she knew it.

"Millie.", Finn whispered and his voice was weak, a tone that she had never heard before. For once, it didn't hide any irony in it. It was pure, utter vulnerability.

But he didn't care. He was lost. 

A lost man who had nothing to lose.

Jaeden was in love with him. And he ruined everything. He fucking ruined everything. Starting with his life.

He was a fucking embarrassment.

He stood there frozen, as he observed Millie sitting upright on her matress. Even at that time of the night, with the simplest clothes and the scruffiest look, Millie looked like an absolute angel. And even if he was drunk and dizzy to the bone, every cell of Finn's body was attracted to her. It was as if she had cast a spell on him.

And the fact that she hated him caused even more tears to spring from his eyelids.

"Finn?", she said surprised, "It's 4am, what...what are you doing here?"

His eyes were burning. His feet were hurting. And on top of it all, his mind wasn't working. He didn't know what he was doing.