𝚏𝚕𝚊𝚠𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜

Opening her eyes for the first time in the morning had always felt like a chore to Millie. More so today, when, as she came to her senses, the memories from the previous night's events came rushing back, like a big , non-stop wave.

She felt the guilt at the pit of her tummy, the indefinite sorrow. It was a dreadful feeling, yet one that Millie was pretty much accustomed to. Always feeling like everything is your fault, like you're the problem.

Everything had happened in a flash. She remembered the whole situation unfolding in a slow yet deadly rate. Grace's words, her knowing all this stuff about herself, Finn and probably the rest of the squad overhearing them, her running...

That's all she could recall right in that moment.

Turning her head around to her nightstand, the first she noticed was it a packet of cigarettes.

Groaning, she slammed her face back in the many pillows on her bed. It was too early to deal with any of this and her brain surely wasn't about to cooperate anytime soon.

When she had gotten to her dark bedroom last night she couldn't remember anything. After that everything had really just turned....blank.

But if that was the case, how did she end up on the bed and where the hell did she find these cigarettes? Her mind was all fogged up and she couldn't think. Plus, she had a terible headache and she felt like her face was 10 pounds heavier.

"Fuck that, it's too early for this shit." She mumbled under her breath, deciding to completely just let it go until later when she'll be in a better state of mind.

She untangled her legs from the cotton sheets, and let the pillow fall from her face. She went to grab her phone, but then it hit her.

The wave.

"You want one?"

Millie stopped instantly.

What?

"You know, this reminds me of the first time I met you."

Her brain starting to wake up fully now and everything was coming back in an unpleasantly fast spead.

"You refused to take a cigarette from me. And now, here you are smoking it like crazy."

Finn.

Once again. The answer to the mystery was Finn.

She palmed her face with both hands at the embarassment of her conversation with Finn. She was so lost at that moment yet he had managed to pull her out. He always did.

Finn was always there somehow.

Whenever everything was going shit or whenever she really did not want him there. And it always turned out to have an effect on her.

It was something she couldn't control. Like her stubborn brain was yelling for him to go away but her heart calmed down. Her whole being relaxing.

It was so absurd.

But she didn't want to think about that now.

No, she had to move past this, she just didn't know how, yet.

Of course things were bound to be awkward and weird around the house as she could imagine everyone, probably even the staff and guards, knowing what happened to her.

At that reminder, Millie felt a strong combination of exhaustion, sadness and unlimited anger.

She couldn't believe Grace had actually stooped that low. It was pathetic. She was pathetic.