There was someone manning the gate today, they immediately recognized Marinette. The man must have been shown her photo because the man made his way towards Marinette, shoving past girls throwing themselves at him, and cleared a path for the bluenette. The Parisian was able to get a quick look at a disbelieving cab driver as girls begged to be taken instead. Some tried to make swipes for the girls' bags but she was able to keep the gifts safe.

Marinette walked up the long driveway, still intimidated by the sheer size of the property but not as much as the first time she saw it. Alfred was already waiting for her, as was Damian.

"Here." Marinette handed the boy his gift.

"Here." Damian handed the girl her money. Marinette tried to hand the extra cashback, he'd paid her more than double what she told him.

"Miss. Marinette, we insist." Marinette blushed at Alfred, no one could deny him. The bluenette reluctantly pocketed the cash in a wallet before securing it in her bag. Alfred waited for her, Damian did not.

The duo walked in comfortable silence as they walked down the twisting halls of Wayne manor. Marinette started hearing loud chatter before laughter broke out. The two took a right and walked towards solid oak double doors, Marinette was nervous. Damian had, unfortunately, been right. She didn't know anyone, she hardly knew the Waynes. Why she was here was beyond her, it went against her promise to stay away from such gatherings and her sense of self-preservation that was begging her to make a break for it.

"Relax, Miss." Alfred soothed before opening the door for the girl. The dining room was full. The room was filled with snacks and food, the smell was heavenly. Most noticeably, the place was filled with suddenly quiet people, people that looked over the girl with confusion before three people jumped up at the same time.

Stephanie was the first to reach the girl, after she and two of her brothers exclaimed 'Marinette!' Hugging the girl familiarly, making the girl blush.

Next came Jason who gave the girl a solid clap on the back and a smile.

The last was the birthday boy who was balancing his little girl on his hip like a pro. Everyone seemed to lighten up at that, the rest of the Wayne's familiarly greeting the girl, except one.

"Damian, get over here." Tim dragged an already annoyed Damian towards the girl.

"Hello." Damian relented.

"Hi." Marinette clipped back, Stephanie was quick to move on, introducing the girl to some of the other people more Marinette's age.

"This is Jon, he's Damian's best friend." The younger boy smiled at the girl.

"Jon Kent."

"Hello, it's nice to meet you. I'm Marinette." The girl spoke for the first time, politely working her way through all the younger guests before Cass gave her a well-needed break by offering her something to drink. Marinette noticed how Damian really only spoke to the Jon boy and when she saw the opportunity, the bluenette moved in.

Unfortunately, Bruce saw the mischief in her eye and diverted her.

"Marinette, these are some friends of mine." The Parisian let herself be introduced to the very tall, very large, very intimidating group of people. They made the bluenette feel small.

"Clark Kent."

"Diana Prince."

"Hal Jordan."

"Barry Allen, nice to meet you."

"Arthur Curry."

"Uh, hello. I'm Marinette. It's nice to meet you as well." Marinette responded, answering their polite questions before asking her own.