Chapter 29

Marinette spent a solid portion of breakfast glaring at Damian. He shot a glare of his own back most times but focused on eating, now all his brothers were hell bent on learning about everything that has to do with the miraculous. The newest list was almost comically long and while he probably could have gotten them done over the span on the trip his brothers only gave him the day and Marinette definitely wasn't in the mood to answer his questions.

It was weird for Damian to think that the clumsy Parisian that made his life miserable had once been a hero, only saving Paris once or not. She'd been recognized and chosen by Ladybug to help save the city.

The car ride to Versailles was mostly quiet, the pissed aura radiating off Marinette kept most quiet. Without thinking someone had asked a question and she responded in her almost obnoxiously cheerful self. It was clear her anger was only directed towards him.

Damian still had no idea how to smooth things over with the girl, his family needed as much information as they could get and she was their only inside source.

He received a notification on his phone, it was Grayson.

***

SexyFlexy
If she's reluctant to answer ur questions be nice, then ask her.

BloodBrat
She won't answer my questions anymore, she's upset she said anything.

SexyFlexy
Listen up, you have to be
F
R
I
E
N
D
L
Y

BloodBrat
She still won't and I can't use the excuse of Drake asking questions because I wasn't supposed to tell any of you about it. Give it a rest, we already got more information than we could have hoped.

SexyFlexy
The more the better. We still need her ID.
B's getting impatient.

BloodBrat
I'm aware, Grayson. Go bother someone else, I need to think.

*   *   *

Damian shut his phone off, looking out the window as Versailles came into view. The drive hadn't been long, the palace was only twelve miles from Paris. The palace used to be the royal residence of the Bourbon family, now it's historically protected and open to the public. People stared as they pulled up to the front of the palace, it was still a distance away. They'd have to walk past the many, elaborate gardens separated by paved walkways to reach the steps of the building. Everyone marveled at the grandeur, the sprawling land and tasteful foliage impressing even the privileged students of Gotham Academy.

Students quickly clambered out of the vans, still staring at the expansive historical site. Ms. Ruiz led students past other tourists, eventually arriving at the long, marble steps of the palace. Almost everyone stared up at countless windows and arches decorating the classic structure.

"Sophie, Jocelyn? Let's go get the tour guide." The two girls jumped, taken out of their ogling at Mr. Bernard speaking. They were in-charge of organizing the tours for the trip. The trio disappeared, walking into the building and emerging a few minutes later with a woman sporting a pasted smile.

"Welcome to Versailles! My name is Isabelle and I'll be your tour guide today." Isabelle was a brunette with rather flat eyes, they were a muddled green with yellow undertones. Damian wasn't against the color, his own eyes were green, but they didn't have anything behind them. Nothing he could see.

"Alright let's get started..." The tour led them from room to adjoining room, past priceless art and through painstakingly restored halls and archways. Damian had to admit the building was beautiful, a period piece. His mother taught him that the France's absolute monarchy was lost because of weak kings while his Father told him that 'while the revolution was bloody it fought for and absorbed ideas that we now recognize as basic human rights.'