The Wonderful Family

So, that day was spent with chatter in the Vashisht Haveli like never before. Everyone was happy and chatting away. Everywhere you could see happiness. It had been long since the walls of Vashisht Haveli  had seen such euphoria amongst their rooms.

Of course, no one talked about how Narayan Vashisht had not once come out of his room, or how he had been seen with a scowl that would have rivaled even Snape. He was not happy with all the developments going on in the house. He was definitely not happy seeing his granddaughters in the house after such a long a time.

Yash was especially ecstatic. He had his family together and his plan had been coming along perfectly. He knew that all this was going to irk his father to no ends and if he knew his father enough, then he was sure that given a few days, Narayan Vashisht was going to do something, plan something. If Yash was not wrong then Narayan was already in talks with someone but Yash still could not get what he was planning.

Arti was observing everything and everyone. The girls seemed happy and she was extremely happy with the girls finally arriving home. She also observed how Shambhavi was happy but a bit worried. Possibly because she could not get in touch with Aniket. While Aarti was sure that Shambhavi was angry with her, she was also sure that this betrayal was best for her.

Arti was also very aware of Narayan's planning. She was sure that something or the other would happen soon but what exactly, was unclear. She had the girls' security increased very discreetly and the plan she had made with Yash was also in full motion.

It was the day after the girls' arrival when Narayan showed his face. Everyone was having breakfast at the dining table and as soon as he entered the hall, the occupants of the table shut up. Yash, who was in the process of eating his toast, paused with his hand holding the half eaten toast midair.

He looked at the girls as if they were a plague and left the house without uttering any word. All present on the dining table looked at each other and burst out laughing. Aarti hid her smile and shook her head at her wonderful kids.

After that, all that could be heard from the Vashisht Haveli was loud robustious laughter. Nitya and Raghav had taken to mimicking Narayan and his look of disgust.

Later that day, everyone planned on going out and taking a tour of the city. They had done so the last time they were all in town for Adhya's wedding. So, why not this time? This time though they could enjoy themselves properly.

The destinations were decided and everyone ran to their rooms to get ready with their Arti Ma shouting at them, "Be careful on the stairs. Nitya, Raghav I am watching you two."

It was a day Yash had always imagined in his life but could not believe it was now starting to become a reality.

The day had been a success. All the girls had fun and there were frankly no words in Shambhavi's mind to describe her emotions. She was beyond words, just feelings.

At the end of the day, after a hearty dinner at one of the best dhabas in town, they all sat back into the cars. Anisha had been shoved in with Advith and Anant in one car by Nitya and Raghav.

Shambhavi had taken to driving the car with Nitya and Raghav inside, and Yash, Aarti, Adhya and Mrityunjay had taken the last car, or as they all dubbed it, the couple's car.

Shambhavi was driving and trying to get Nitya and Raghav to sit straight, who were almost dancing like monkeys in the car.

"God, it's like I have to deal with two 5 years olds now," Shambhavi teased the two.

"Arey Tai, you love us. Why are you being so whiny?" Nitya also fired back at her Tai.

"Believe me, Nitya. It is only out of obligation," Shambhavi teased back and Raghav laughed at Nitya's mock-horrified expression.

Nitya started hitting Raghav and, well, you can guess what happened when those two got together.

"I will call Baba Sa. Stop fooling around both of you," Shambhavi warned them while trying to concentrate on the road. She noticed that her car had come a long way ahead of both the other cars and she could not even spot them in the mirror.

Raghav and Nitya did not listen to Shambhavi's words and kept on hitting each other as a true brother and sister would.

Shambhavi kept trying to slow down and let the cars behind her pass so that she could join the other two cars. But the car would also slow down, when she slowed hers.

Shambhavi cursed herself as to how she did not notice it earlier. The car behind her had effectively cut her off from the other cars that were carrying her family.

She tried to message Adhya but the network in the area was very low, so the message was taking time to be delivered.

Finally, after five agonising minutes, the message was delivered and seen. Shambhavi took a breath of relief and tried to be normal but Nitya had seen the look of fear on Shambhavi's face.

"What is wrong, Tai?" Nitya asked in a serious tone.

Shambhavi contemplated lying to her but it would be of no use if a situation did arise.

Taking a deep breath and keeping a calm demeanor, Shambhavi replied, "We have been cut away from the others. I can not see their cars," Raghav turned around in his seat to spot the others.

"Don't worry. I am sure it's nothing. I have messaged Adhya already. The network is low so it's taking time for her to reply. I am sure it's absolutely nothing." Shambhavi reassured both her younger siblings.

The phone rang the next moment and everyone jumped like a spooked cat.

It was Yash calling Shambhavi. She smiled and the other two Vashishts took a breath of relief.

Shambhavi looked down at her phone and tried to pick the call up. She had just pressed on the green accept button.

"Tai, watch out!" Nitya's shout ricocheted off the walls of the car and into Shambhavi's ears.

Shambhavi looked up to see a bright light coming from the truck heading straight for their car with an intention to run into them.

It was a split second before Shambhavi shouted at both Raghav and Nitya, "Crouch down. Both of you, Crouch down behind the seats," Shambhavi shouted as she tried her hardest to turn the car in another direction.

But alas! It was of no use. The lights grew brighter, nearly blinding her vision.

The last thing Shambhavi saw a tree and a bright light with her father's voice ringing through the phone.

"Shambhavi," he was shouting. She replied with a meek "Baba" before losing all sense of the world.