The Last Moments of Peace

The next two days were spent similarly, they had drill and PT, the classes, After that lunch and then study session and rest that time was spent by SHambhavi bonding with Raghav sometimes just the two of them and sometimes Anisha would tag along.

Aniket had been noticing them but never really understood what their connection was, he could see that Raghav meant a lot to Shambhavi. He didn't ask because he knew she would tell him later on.

Aniket knew for a fact that Cadet Raghav Vashishth was also from Kumbhalgarh because he knew his father. It was not a very nice story. Raghav's aunt was one of the reasons he will never see his family again. It wasn't her fault really more Narayan Vashishth's fault.

So, he was well aware of the Vshishth family. Not a very good patriarch, Their head of the Family Raghav's Grandfather was a shrewd and cunning man who was liked by very few. It was a famous thing known throughout all the elites of Kumbhalgarh that Narayan Raj Vashishth was a controlling and manipulative man, who had presumably ruined the life of all his children.

So, naturally, he did not even think that Shambhavi could be a part of the Vashishth family. Fam

Raghav had seen Aniket Rai Chauhan looking at Shambhavi and he could see that he really admired her. He had also observed his sister's smile when she was talking to Aniket. So one day he asked Shambhavi, " Jiji sa, how do you Captain Aniket Rai Chauhan?"

"He teaches at our Academy, " Shambhavi replied casually.

"Oh she more than knows Captain Chauhan, You should be ready for another wedding in the near future Shambhavi weds Aniket haye, Vari Jawaan," Anisha had teased Shambhavi and Shambhavi had turned red, she tried to deny it but Raghav could see it in her eyes, her smile and her blush.

"You do know that he is the king of Kumbhalgarh right Bai sa, I mean he must be a pompous ass, " Raghav said what he had always thought of Aniket, having never met him he had formed his opinion on the basis of his own knowledge.

"Absolutely not, he is the most humble, most kind and gentle-hearted person I have ever known, " Shambhavi had told him and said many more things about Aniket, leading Raghav to rethink his own evaluation of the Royal Captain.

Raghav also knew that both Shambhavi and Aniket were completely unaware of each other's relation to a mutual person. Raghav was dreading when they found it.

He knew that when they found out, it would possibly ruin their relation. He knew what they meant to each other. They both have suffered and they both were each other's lifeline. What would do to them? It was a truth better left unsaid.

Raghav also knew that it was secret that would get out inevitably. He wanted to stop it. Later that evening he had been on the ground with his friends when he saw Aniket and another one of Aniket's friends playing with Shambhavi and her friends.

Raghav realized that Shambhavi was in love with Aniket and vice versa. If it had been an infatuation then maybe it would have been easy, but this was, it was going to break them or make them. Raghav had vowed, watching his sister's and Aniket's smile that he will try and prevent it, and if not then he will clear the misunderstanding, he would do whatever would be needed. He vowed to not let his sister's happiness be taken away from her.

Shambhavi and Aniket had been playing and Aniket ha fallen down along with Advith. Shambhavi and Anisha had burst out laughing.

Aniket had seen her laughing and asked her mock offense, " Are you laughing at me, Cadet Vyas, "

Shambhavi also catching up to his joke clears her throat and said in all seriousness, "Laugh on you Captain Chauhan, never, I was just laughing at the floor, poor thing had to suffer your weight, "

Aniket's jaw had hit the floor with her replay, He had forgotten just how sassy Shambhavi Vyas could get when she wanted to. Anisha, Advith, and Anant had given out barks of laughter at Shambhavi's replay, and Aniket's expression sitting on the floor his jaw wide open had just added fuel to the fire.

"Are you calling me Fat, Cadet Vyas," Aniet asked looking up at her.

"Oh absolutely not sir, Merely pointing out the facts, " Shambhavi said with a mischevious smile on her lips.

Aniket got up from the floor and said, "Is that so," Shambhavi nodded her head in a yes.

Aniket looked down on the floor for a few seconds and then suddenly turned and ran towards Shambhavi. Shambhavi gave a squeal and ran trying to get away from him. They ran away all around the field, Aniket always not far behind but Shambhavi was smarter she went behind Advith and put him forward, she was using others to block Aniket and slow him down.

They were running around one chasing the other. Anisha and Advith and started cheering for their own friends. Shambhavi's laughter could be heard for miles.

Aniket had not been this happy and carefree, since after his parent's death. It was a sight to behold, Two people, broken and damaged, yet if anyone who did not know them looked at them, would have guessed them to be Happy and hearty. They were happy.

They ran out of the field and on other parts of the campus, a part covered with trees, away from the main campus, so there was no one present there. Aniket had increased his pace and caught up with her. Catching her by the waist. Shambhavi squealed at the feeling of his hands circling her waist and lifting her back from the back.

He twirled them around with Shambhavi laughing in the air her hands over his. He stopped and put Shambhavi on her feet. They caught their breaths.

"I want you to meet someone, He is an alumnus of IMA so, he'll be here in a few days, " Aniket had said after staring at her for a few moments, SHe heard his voice and turn towards him.

"After my parent's death, I was going down a very dark path, I had no one to look up to, He became a mentor, got me back to my studies. He is in the Army and I would not have joined the army if not for him, " Aniket was telling her a very personal moment of is life.

"He means a lot to me, and you have already met the Rathore's, so it's only right that you get to meet the other part of my family, " Aniket said smiling.

"Well, if you like him so much then I am sure he is an awesome person, I'll be delighted to meet him, " Shambhavi replied and they head towards the rest of the gang.

If only they knew this was one of the last moments of their peace.

************************************************************************************

And the plot thickens. So, thoughts..

Afaf xoxo