Ch 2

**A/n - Chapter has been edited**

~~~~~~~~~~~

In a lone alleyway across town from the girl's home a cardboard box sat abandoned, many walked by it but none stopped long enough to notice it they just continued on with their day. It didn't look like much on the outside but what it held inside was the real treasure. This box held two tiny felines, one had cotton candy pink fur while the other one was plain black but had a unique pair of yellow hawk-like eyes.

The kitten's meows weren't very loud so someone would need to be within a foot of the box but those who walked by never got that close to the box. Since the box was slightly damp and muddy many just walked a few feet away from it, fearing they would accidentally brush their pant legs against it and ruin their clothes.

'Meow' The sound of claws scratching could be hear coming from the box, one of the kittens was trying to get out but he had no success so stopped before he got too tired. The kitten was not used to feeling so weak and small but that was because this kitten was a man the day before.

"Fufufufufu. When I find out who was responsible for causing me to turn into a pink cat, they will be ripped to pieces" The other cat in the box had been sitting tucked in the corner listening to the pink cat's tangent as he paced back and forth in the small box. "Will you be ripping them to pieces after they turn you back or do you plan to do it with your little kitty paws?" Sure, the other cat could have stayed quiet but this had been going on for the last hour and it was beginning to cause him a headache.

"Shut up Mihawk!" Hearing the other occupant finally speak caused the pink furball to stop talking after he threw one last insult at Mihawk but he just threw his own insult back at him. "Doflamingo how old are you? Grow up and act your age"

"Fine. What are the chances that both of us ended up in the same situation, was it an attack against warlords?" When Doflamingo actually took things seriously he was quite the useful ally to have and Mihawk couldn't deny the man came up with a theory that could have been possible. They were the only ones in the box and they both were warlords.

"What devil fruit can turn people into kittens and how would it be possible that they got to us both within such a short timeframe? We couldn't have been in this box long; this person couldn't have possibly reached both of us so quickly and I don't know about your island but mine has an excellent security system I would know the moment someone stepped foot onto the island"

Doflamingo thought over Mihawk's response but didn't respond right away this whole thing was odd but after some thinking, he did speak up. "Well there's not much we can do right at this second but it would be smart to get out of this box"

"I agree we need to find out what island this is" The two had planned to run against the wall of the box at the same time to see if the force would knock the box over but a thump stopped them as the box shook a little bit. "Ouch" The sound of a male could be heard outside of the box and by the sounds of it he had tripped over the box.

~~~~~~~~~~

Outside of the Box...

A young man had been walking down the alleyway since it was a shortcut to where he needed to go but since he was looking down at his phone, he failed to notice the cardboard box that was in the middle of the alley. He tripped over it and landed with a thump on the other side of it. "Ouch" During his fall his phone slipped from his hands but he quickly picked it up, there were no noticeable cracks so that was good. He stood back up from the ground and looked behind himself to see what had caused him to trip. At first, it looked nothing more than a dirty old cardboard box someone left in the middle of the alleyway but then it meowed.

'Meow' 'Meow' 'Meow'

"That sounded like a cat" The men got closer to the box and opened it to find exactly that. "Oh, there's two of you. Who would just throw you away and look at you someone dyed you pink!" He knew that the little kittens wouldn't last long on the street and he couldn't just leave them there to die so he decided to get them the help they needed. Since he didn't want the kittens to try and jump from the box, he removed his jacket before tossing it over the box then picked it up and held it under his arm while he pulled his phone out.

'Ring' 'Ring' 'Rin-'

"Hello?" The line was answered by a lady and the man quickly took her what he found. "Really someone just left them there!? Of course, I have space for them!"

"Thanks, Becca, I'll be there soon. Bye!" The call was ended as the man focused on getting to his destination as soon as possible. It only took him about ten minutes, and as he opened the door the bell overhead rang out to signal someone had come into the building. "Sam is that you?" A young girl walked through the back door to greet the person who walked into the store the man didn't reply he just waved to his friend once she saw him. "Let's see this pink kitty cat, shall we? Oh, and can you flip the open sign to closed then lock the door, I'm the only one working today"

"Sure, thing Becca!" Sam quickly returned to see Becca had taken out the pink cat to examine him better. "This is a strange dye" Becca started walking to the back and Sam grabbed the other cat and walked behind her. "What makes you say that Bec?"

"Usually dye stains the skin and will start fading leaving the fur quite patchy. This color almost looks like it's his actual fur but that's not possible" Sam watched as Becca started to fill up a basin with soapy water before she tried to put him in the water it was at that point Doflamingo started putting up a fight.

'Meow' 'Meow' 'Meow' (Translation – Nobody dyed me!)

"It's okay Kitty, Sam please help me!" Sam placed the kitty in his hands down on a nearby table and when he just sat there Sam went to help Becca with the other kitty. "Angry little guy isn't he!" Becca agreed as she directed Sam to pour some water on his fur and start lathering him up.

'Meowwww' 'Meow' 'Meow' (Translation – I'm adding you to my kill list)

Mihawk was sitting on the table just watching as Doflamingo was hissing and trying to bite the two people trying to give him a bath. The man couldn't help but let out a laugh or two as this went on, he almost forgot that he was trapped in the body of a kitty as well but at least he didn't have bright pink fur. "I think we need more shampoo"

~~~~~~~~~~

30 Minutes Later...

After the bath Doflamingo went to stand in the corner of the room to pout in peace, they had shampooed him a few times but when the dye refused to come out, they stopped and decided to leave it alone. "That was degrading Mihawk, I smell like a strawberry now"

"Well you are pink so..." Doflamingo turned to Mihawk with a dangerous look that made him stop talking. Now that he thought about it, he'd never seen Doflamingo's eyes but even though he was just a kitten his stare was still intense. The door opening caused them both to look over, it was the girl Doflamingo thought he wouldn't need to see her again but he was wrong.

"Come on little guys we're going to put you in the back, there's even another kitty already there so you'll have a friend" Becca picked up Doflamingo and Sam grabbed Mihawk before taking them to a room that had many cages lining the walls. They were placed into a cage before the two people quickly left, Doflamingo turned around to come face-to-face with a familiar set of soulless grey eyes. "Well, well, well, Trafalgar Law how long has it been?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

To Be Continued...