Chapter 5 : It'll Be Fine

Start from the beginning

Tera rang saya bahaar ka,
Tera roop aaina pyaar ka,
Tujhe aa nazar me chupa loon mai
Tujhe kahin lag na jaye nazar

(End of Flashback)

A soft sob left brought him back to present. Maa was sobbing, silently, a ghost of a small lingered on her lips.

Kisi haal mein, Kisi baat par,
Kahin chal na dena tu chhod kar
Mere humsafar, Mere humsafar.

He went inside the room, hugged his mother, caressing her back, as if telling her he is sorry for all the things she's bearing alone. She was a strong woman. And she had raised his son that way.
Except he was no longer the old Sidharth,who shared every little with her. She knew better than to intrude. She believed him.

Sidharth found himself at loss of words.

"Maa.. I'm sorry.."

"Koi nahi, mera bacha, koi nahi, kuch nahi hua hai" she patted his back, telling him she is fine,just a bit nostalgic.

"I know I'm pathetic, and I'm good for nothing and you're in pain seeing me like this, but I swear Maa I'll be fine someday" he said.

"You will be fine bacha. Sab theek hoga. I'm right here okay. Don't close yourself up so much that even your own shadow refuses to recognise you. I'm right here. Its okay to cry in front of me, that does not make you any less of a man. We all fall weak. I'm right here for you mera bacha. Take your time. You'll be fine. It'll all be fine. " she assured him.

Sidharth left for office after dropping Maa off at the temple she used to visit regularly and offer prayers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It was her first day in the office. She was nervous. It was written all over her face. She reached half an hour before the supposed time. As the elevator door opened at her floor, she felt giddy, butterflies all over her stomach. With each step she took, she grew a bit more nervous. It was just the way she functioned, she couldn't help it.

"Vaaheguru mehr karna" she muttered undered her breath.

She was introduced to the co workers, and she took time to mingle with them. One of them, Navya was kind enough to explain her the details of her work and her workplace.

In no time, Shehnaaz was quite comfortable with some of the co-workers. She had found a good friend in Navya.

Shehnaaz looked around when she felt somebody's stern gaze on her.
It was Sidharth.

He had just arrived. He was approaching her. He stopped at a reasonable distance away from her, and looked at her, like really looked at her. From head to toe.

"Good Morning.. Sir" she said.

He nodded and went straight to his office.
A frown took over face, but she brushed it off as soon as she realised.

Almost about half an hour later, Sidharth called her inside his office via the intercom.

"Miss Gill, in my office, ASAP" she heard him say.

She entered after knocking slightly.

"Everything alright?" he asked.

"Huh!?" she frowned, not really getting what he meant.

"I mean its your first day. Any troubles?"

"No Mr Shukla, thanks for the concern." she said, smiling.

"Well you work for me, you can report to me if there's anything that troubles you regarding the work. Am I understood?" he asked.

She nodded. And left.

She loved the atmosphere at the new workplace. Her colleagues were nice. She still found Sahil a bit creepy by the way he kept holding her hands when she forwarded them for a formal handshake,but that was it. That was the only interaction she had with him. He worked in a different floor and looked over an entirely different department.

She went to Sidharth's office at the lunch break to update him about the meetings and schedule. She expected him to be eating but instead found him lost, staring at something in his mobile. And there was.... Wait is that gloom that she saw in his eyes?

She cleared her throat. He looked at her.

"Yes?"he asked

" Uhm.. I just came to update show you this. "she said, forwarding the papers and meeting schedules towards him.

" Mr Shukla, should I come back later? " she said when she found him staring at the files blankly.

" Huh, No. Yeah. What were you saying? "he managed to say,coming back out of his thoughts.

She went on to explain all the changes again. His gaze, however, this time, was fixed upon her. The way she put few loose strands of her hair behind her ear every now and then, the way her lips moved as she spoke, the way she blinked every bow and then.

Stop staring. His mind shouted.

He vaguely caught up with everything she said. When she left, he looked at her through the window. There was sheer innocence written all over her with the way she spoke, and ate and giggled.

He smiled the slightest bit, unknowingly.
He sighed, and then went in to study tge reports to be presented in the meeting today,before leaving.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Shehnaaz returned back home at the evening and felt an unknown contentment. She didn't know why, but she was genuinely happy today. After everything life put her through, she managed to survive. And this job has given her so much hope. Her pay was quite good. She'd save quite a bit. She felt happier, and slept peacefully with a smile lingering on her lips after days.

**************************'******
Heyaaa lovelies! Sorry for the late update. But had to make some changes in the plot which took me longer than necessary.

Anyways heres I am. This one's more like an emotional ride to Sidharth's life. Let me know if you like it. Office Romance coming up next.

Press the star icon to vote, and leave your reviews in the comments. Also follow me to be notified about the updates.

❤️❤️😚