Here, Yet So Far Away

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Yes, Mother?" I said, trying to sound as polite as possible, keeping a straight posture.

"I have a lot of work today, so you better behave yourself" She said, sternly, but loosely since she knows that I wouldn't dare rebel against her, at least not anymore.

"Of course, Mother." I put my hands behind my back, and put my hands into fists, realizing I was shaking at my mom's presence.

"Good. Bye, Honey," She said, walking away. I stood there frozen, only turning my gaze so I knew when she would leave, until she closed the front door, which I then let out a sigh, slouching in the process.

'Damn, even just being around her makes me terrified', I thought to myself, slightly ashamed.

I looked over at the kitchen, debating if I should make myself breakfast, but I quickly realized I don't have the motivation to. The only thing I felt like doing was to write. I had picked up that hobby more and more, as a way to cope. I quickly headed to my room, excited that I could do something I had held close to my heart without any disruptions.

~~~

I finally look away from my writing and stretch my hands over my head. I grab my scroll and look at the time; 1:00. I blinked a few times, surprised I wrote for about 5 hours without a stop, but a hint of proudness stood out, if only just barely.

Then my stomach growled, realizing that I should eat something. I head out of my room and to the kitchen. I reach the pantry and look at what I should make, but then it hits once again, I lose motivation to make myself something. I decided to just grab a granola bar, looking at it for a second, knowing that it wouldn't fill me up, but I couldn't care less.

I head back to my room, deciding it was time to pick an outfit. Looking in my closet, I just decided to pick something casual and comfortable. I grabbed a regular black shirt and got a black sweater, with white strips on the sides. To match, I grabbed black sweatpants also with white stripes on the side, which I got specifically for each other.

After a moment of thought, I decided I would chill somewhere outside for a while before going to the owl house to finally meet Luz, the thought brought a smile to my face. I quickly changed and looked at the mirror, I looked like I had been up for days, which would've been the reason a week ago, though I ignored my current appearance. Then, I grabbed my stuff and made my way out of the house. Finally starting my walk.

~~~

After a bit of mindless walking, I decided to head to a spot I would regularly visit to calm any anger that was building up inside of me. This time I wasn't specifically for anger, but to just enjoy myself, enjoy the boiling isles. Even if I didn't enjoy what memories were contained within the boiling isles, I couldn't hate the view.

Reaching the spot, it was a cliff that was a distance away from the buildings but close enough to see them well. Right behind led to a forest, one that looked lovely in the sunlight and maintained that beauty even through the night, at least that's what I thought.

I sit down at the edge, legs dangling off. I let out a sigh and close my eyes, letting thoughts run in and out, staying on each thought only for a moment. Through all the thoughts, there was only one I couldn't get rid of; Luz.

After what almost felt like an eternity, I picked up my scroll and looked at the time; 2:30. It was time, time to head to the owl house.

~~~

Reaching the owl house, I was greeted by Hooty, who was about to say something, but I gave him a stern glare, making him shut up. 'Guess that's something I can thank my mom for...'. I hated the thought of being thankful for my mother, but I couldn't prevent it.