Chapter Eight

So, I decided I'm going to focus mainly on this story. I have a block on all my others, haha.

Enjoy!

Hold On to Sixteen

Chapter Eight

Week two of recovery. I've been doing well, if I do say so myself, but there was always a nagging voice in the back of my mind telling me to do it. Luckily, preparations for Sectionals have been blocking out that voice for a bit, as well as my friends.

Finn has been keeping me occupied, taking me out to dinner and the mall, or just going back to his place  to chill with the Hummel-Hudson's. Nick and my family have been supportive, taking me to my sessions and such. Well, almost all of them.

As I expected, Joe kept his distance. Whenever I got home from school, he would be gone and when he returned I was already in bed.  It was almost like he was...afraid of me. Nick told me not to worry about it, saying everyone has their way of coping of Joe's is to take time to himself. I just wanted to know what exactly he was doing.

But, I couldn't let myself get distracted. As I said, it was Sectionals week and we were all feeling a bit more confident due to the fact Rachel has been prohibited to perform with the 'Tones. We felt bad that our friend couldn't do what she loved the most, but from a competor standpoint, we were thrilled. It made our chances of winning grow much greater. 

I couldn't help but smile as I walked into the choir room to see Mr. Schue and Finn looking over music. Mr. Schue said that Finn and I could help him out, since we are the Club Captains (Finn was always Captain, and since Rachel left, I was promoted to Co-Captain). I knew Mr. Schue just wanted to help me distract myself, and I was just fine with that.

I walked in just in time to hear Finn's little rant.

"Sectionals is in our auditorium for the first time since 1993." Finn said, getting up from his chair in the choir room.

Mr. Schue countinued to flip through the music books. "Too much talking, not enough looking for songs for Sectionals."

I took this as my cue to go in. "Hey, I'll take one of those books." I smiled.

"How are you, Lizzie?" Mr. Schue asked, Finn smiled, already knowing my improving condition.

I nodded, taking the song book. "Better. But we're not here to talk about me, what ideas do you guys have?" I opened the book as I went to stand next to Finn.

"Maybe we need something upbeat..." Mr. Schue mumbled to himself.

Finn paced. "I think we should concentrate on our 'peformer' problem before setting a set list."

"Yeah, I mean, at least the Cheerios can dance." I nodded, thinking of the large number of the Cheerios in the 'Tones. "We need star power." 

It was as if a lightbulb lit up in Finn's head. "We need Sam Evans."

My jaw dropped. Sam, of course! The poor boy has been through a lot recently, his father losing his job making his whole family have to reside in a hotel room. But, he was the whole package in our club. He could sing, dance, anything!

"Sam? He transferred. His whole family moved, we don't even know where he is." Mr. Schue pointed out, looking up from his sheet music.

"He's in Kentucky. About four hours from here." They both looked at me as I shrugged, "Even homeless people have Facebook."

Mr. Schue nodded. "Alright, so, you and Finn will go recruit Sam. I'm sure he'll love to be back here with us."

Finn and I nodded, smiling as we left the choir room. He looked down at me. "Ready partner?"