Chapter Eleven

Whoa, this one is pretty long. Enjoy!

Michael

Chapter Eleven

"Okay, it's been three days to the minute since I proposed to you," Finn walked up to Lizzie's locker, after looking at his watch. "Which is the amount of time you said you needed before you told me your decision."

Lizzie bit her lip, that was true. When Finn dropped the big question, she was stunned. She just stared at the diamond, no words coming out of her mouth. Of course she thought about marrying Finn, but so does everyone with current partners, but she thought about it so much...she needed to think about her decision, before making a rash one. 

"This isn't the type of decision you can make on a deadline." She said, closing her locker.

The two started to walk side-by-side. "I know..but your indecision is kind of bumming me out.."

Lizzie put a reassuring hand on his arm. "No-It's just...I love you, and I do want to marry you...someday." The two stopped. "It's just..this is all happening so fast. I need you to help me understand why it is." 

"Okay, well." His voice perked up, coming in front of her. "Even if you don't get into Juillard, you're stilling going to New York, right?"

"Of course," She nodded. "And I want you to come with me." 

"And I will." He held her hand. "But, we're crazy if we think it'll be easier to be a couple there then it is here." Lizzie put her lip, nodding. He did have a point. "Those rings..will always be a reminder of how we feel right now. It's like we'll take a peace of our little world into the big city."

Lizzie looked down as Finn played with her ring finger, as if there was already a ring there. She couldn't help but sigh, his point was clear, but this was still happening a bit to quickly for her. 

"That's really romantic, but I have to be honest. This all sounds really crazy to me." Finn's face fell a bit, but he continued to listen. "I don't need a ring to keep from straying from you." She shook her head, then perked up.  "Look, I guess my answer for now-."

Finn stopped her, "No, you're right." She perked up. "This isn't the type of decision you can make on a deadline, just...take a few more days."

Even though he completely missed her point, the girl nodded. Finn gave her a long kiss on the cheek then walked in the opposite direction. Lizzie ran a hand through her hair, this was crazy. One day, she was contemplating on what song to sing at Regionals and now, she was weighing her options on getting married,

Is everyone's senior year like this?

XXX

"Favorite Michael Jackson memory. Go." 

Blaine Anderson smiled as he looked around the lounge area of the Lima Bean. A large number of the glee club, including Lizzie and Nick, decided to head their after school to talk a bit about MJ. Just like Sectionals, the club decided to honor the King of Pop at Regionals, he was now their signature play in a way. 

Lizzie wanted to go only to take her mind off the engagement for awhile. No one, including her family, knew about Finn's question, so it was nice to get away from it awhie. She loved Finn, but she needed some space to make a proper decision, right?

"I'd throw this mocha in your face but it's not nearly as scalding enough." Santana's anger brought the Jonas back to reality.

"I just..never got what he was about." Rachel shrugged, looking around for back up.