Chapter 24

7 months , 20 days , 5 hours and 12 minutes. That's our relationship time line and counting. I've loved every second of it. Charlie made me feel in a way no body ever could. When I was with him I felt safe, loved and cared for. He made me REALLY happy.

Of course all of the women were jealous of us , but that only proved to me that they saw what a great guy he was just as much as I did. I was glad he was mine. I wouldn't change a thing.

"No , please no more surprises Char." I laughed as he pulled me towards the meadow. It was November, which meant the fields were dancing with snow drops. It was absolute gorgeous.

"You'll love it." He said with a smile as we passed the fields and walked into an old barn illuminated with little lights. As we came to a stop inside I took in the entire view from the twinkling lights - that looked like stars- to the table in the middle of the room with plates of chocolate cake. There was no doubt in my mind that the food was my mother's doing. It was her specialty.

"Do you like it ?" He asked with a big goofy smile as I stood in awe of it all.

"It's beautiful Char , but why ?" I asked confused while he pulled my chair out for me.

"I don't need a reason to spoil you , now do I ?"

"Of course not , but this must've been a lot of work. " I said still at a loss for words. He's truly out done himself.

I watched as he lit the fire place making the place instantly warmer before he walked over to an old record player , making music play throughout the room. "Do you wanna dance ?" He asked streching his hand out to me as I smiled getting up.

I held his hand tight as we swayed to the music , I never knew he could dance. I surely couldn't that's why I was grateful that he was doing most of the work. I layed my head on his chest as I listened to his heart beat while the melody started fading into the background.

"Vera ?"

"Mm ?" I hummed while we moved slowly across the room.

"Do you know why I started liking you ?" He asked making a smile appear on my face as I kept my eyes closed and shook my head slightly. "It was on your first day at the pit. I remember you were so scared."he started making a giggle escape my lips "I watched you cry on the steps during break and then Marcus saw you and took one of your ribbons. I watched as you wiped your tears and threw a punch. I've never seen a girl hit like that. I could tell right from the start you were someone special. You could hold your own , you didn't need me. But I knew I had to get to know you." He said making me smile.

"I remember that day. You put my ribbon back in my hair. You told me that Marcus was a jerk who picked on everyone and that after that he won't be looking for trouble with me again. "

"And he never did." Charlie said as I lift my head seeing him look down at me with the same smile. "You can hold your own Vera. You don't need me or anyone else to tell you that. "

"What are you talking about Char ?" I asked confused watching him with curiosity.

"I'm saying that you're a really special girl Vee . You're intelligent , caring , strong willed and not even to mention beautiful. I'm... glad I got to know you through the years ." He said getting all sentimental as I pulled back watching him.

"Is something wrong ? Why are you -"

"Do you wanna go on one last adventure with me ?" He asked taking me by surprise.

"What? What adventure? Charlie what do you -"

"Marry me ?" He asked getting down on one knee as my breath caught in my thoart. Was this... happening ?

"Am I dreaming ?" I thought out loud seeing him laugh.

"No Vee , this is really happening. " he said as I smiled a smile of disbelief, excitement and joy. "What do you say, will you marry me Vee ?" I didn't even have to think about it.

"Yes ! A million times yes !" I said as he jumped to his feet spinning me around in his arms. He was happy. We were happy. After everything I've been through this was the cherry on top of my mom's chocolate cake. I loved Charlie. There was no doubt in my mind that this felt right. Nothing could be better than spending the rest of my life with him. He was my forever and this was just the beginning.

That's it ! I didn't want to drag everything out just to get to this point. So the epilogue is up next. I hope you all enjoyed it. Thank you for reading. Until next time keep howling my wolves ❤🐺