In this Gallery

Summer of 1977, New York

"This leg of the tour has taken a toll on me I'll tell you" said Roger stretching his legs out. The band had just finished a show in New York, with their newest album in the works News Of The World their single We Are The Champions was at the top of the charts. The crowds were only getting larger and louder. The boys were in their prime. "Yes this crowd is much more wilder than the ones back home!" said Brian taking off his clogs. Freddie sat back in his robe still wearing his sequin leotard underneath waiting for Paul to bring him the drink he asked for.

"Hey Fred, wanna check out the scene later on" asked Roger. "Honestly darling I might just call it a night" said Freddie running his fingers through his now much shorter hair. "Suit yourself" he said shrugging his shoulders. Paul came in handing Freddie's drink to him. "Great show tonight" he said sitting down next to him. "Thank you dear" said Freddie resting his head on his hand. For the past two years Freddie wasn't his usual free spirited self. Even throughout all the current world fame and money coming in he seemed bothered. Whenever anyone tried talking to him about it he shut them out. Truth was no matter all of his accomplishments and no matter how much money he was making, there was one thing Freddie wanted the most.

"Ok what's with the lost puppy bit Fred?" asked Paul frustated with his inability to get Freddie to open up.
"I told you to stop prying" he said with a hard gaze. "Well I worry about you sometimes...I don't like seeing you down" said Paul placing a hand on Freddie's knee. Staring at Paul's hand he tensed up "how many fucking times do I gotta tell you, you aren't my lover!" said Freddie as he stormed off into his dressing room slamming the door behind him. Looking into the mirror Freddie couldn't help but think back to the last time he saw Isabelle, he wished he hadn't let her run off that night. He should of chased after her but he was too embarrassed to explain to her that he also slept with men occasionally. Would she still be attracted him? Would she accept him? these were answers Freddie was afraid to find out. "FUCK!" he yelled out as he smashed the mirror into pieces in front of him.

Meanwhile back in London Isabelle left her parents house. She was finally being recognized for the wonderful artist that she was, and her parents were finally supporting her dreams. Leaving with a bouquet of flowers in her hand she had just left a special dinner celebration, with the success of a gallery purchasing one of her paintings tonight was the night they would show it on display. Catching a cab back to her place Isabelle got dressed and headed to the gallery. Arriving she noticed Grace and her parents beat her there and were standing in the middle of a crowd who were awaiting for the reveal of the paintings. "Hey there's our Picasso!" said Grace pulling her best friend into her arms. "Ha ha very funny!" said Isabelle. "Okay folks the moment you've all been waiting for has arrived!" said the owner of the gallery with a loud clap of his hands.

"We are very proud to share with you the works of the new and upcoming artist of our generation" said the man as he reached for the braided rope that held the red curtains together, hiding away the beautiful paintings. With one swift pull the man opened the curtains and revealed the marvels, gasps and sighs were heard amongst the crowd. All of the paintings were gorgeous but there was one in particular that caught the eye of everyone there. "...Iz...oh my, it's beautiful!" said Grace as she stepped closer to the canvas on the wall.

With her arms crossed Isabelle admired her own work too, truth be told she wasn't happy with the inspiration behind it but she'd be lying to herself if she denied that it was her best work. The details of it were breathtaking and anyone who gazed upon it could tell that each stroke was painted with love. Noticing the attention her painting was getting Isabelle smiled to herself, maybe her time with Freddie wasn't so bad after all. "Honey...why didn't you tell us you made a portrait of Freddie Mercury?" asked her father. "It's a long story dad...do you like it?" she asked "are you kidding sweetie I love it!" he said wrapping an arm around his now grown up and accomplished 26 year old daughter. "Mum?" asked Isabelle with hope in her voice, simply grabbing the sides of her face her mum placed kisses on both cheeks. "I couldn't be more proud of you honey" she said with tears in her eyes.

"Iz, take a picture before your mascara runs!" joked Grace. Wiping her eyes and fixing her hair Isabelle stood in front of her masterpiece titled "Him" posing with a beaming smile. "Miss are you the artist of this wonderful piece?" asked a man with a camera around his neck. "Yes I am..." she answered. "Picture for the local paper?" he said holding up the camera. Turning to him and putting on another glowing smile he snapped the photo. "Thanks!" he said moving onto the next artist. A woman with short blonde hair approached Isabelle tapping her on the shoulder.

Turning around she met the cold blue eyes of the woman. "Hello, beautiful painting...can I ask you...why Freddie?" Isabelle was a bit stunned by the woman's question but she responded anyways. "Um well, we used to be friends sort of..." the woman's lips pursed "...interesting" she said scanning the painting once again. "It just seems very intimate" Isabelle began to wonder who this mystery woman was. "I'm sorry...I didn't catch your name" she said. "Mary" was all she replied "Oh, hello Mary I'm-..." cutting her off Mary finished her sentence for her "Isabelle...yes I know" with furrowed eyebrows Isabelle wondered how she knew her name. "How did you know that?" Mary shook her head with a smug smirk on her face "your name is on the painting love".

Watching as Mary put on her shades and exited the building Isabelle wondered what her questioning was all about. Not wanting to take away from her night she shrugged it off and carried on showing off her work of art.