Welcome to the 80s

Open up your mind and let me step inside
Rest your weary head and let your heart decide
Its so easy when you know the rules, it's so easy
All you have to do is fall in love
Play the game

"Ugh" groaned Isabelle as she awoke from her slumber to her ex boyfriends newest single Play The Game. Using her pillow to cover her ears trying to drown out the sound of Freddie's soothing and intoxicating voice. As much as she wanted to hate Queen's music she'd be lying to herself if she said she wasn't impressed by their newest album. Not that it was much of a surprise seeing as she knew from day one that they'd be one of the biggest bands in the world.

Dragging herself out of bed she put her slippers on and proceeded to the bathroom. Looking at herself in the mirror she'd notice motherhood had taken a toll on her. The bags underneath her eyes from sleep deprivation began to make their appearance. After brushing her teeth and washing her face she made her way downstairs to her and Grace's new Birmingham apartment. They moved shortly after Isabelle and Freddie's nasty break up. Knowing that a little one was on the way, the girls thought a bigger place would be more ideal.

"Must you play their bloody music every morning?!" said Isabelle to a singing Grace. "Sorry Iz, but you know you can't deny their brilliance!" she said as she cracked an egg into a pan. "..and hello to you my little girl" Isabelle said kissing the small child that sat in a highchair bobbing her head to the music. "Have you got the morning paper yet?" asked Isabelle. "No" said Grace. Opening the front door Isabelle found the newspaper on the floor where it was placed every morning.

Scanning through she checked for the weather predictions and skipped the politics, something she hated. When she made her way to the celebrity gossip section she was annoyed to find a now moustached Freddie on the page. "Wow...I didn't think he was serious about that" she said to herself. "Who was serious about what?" asked a nosey Grace. "Oh um...Freddie, he grew a moustache...I remember he told me he was thinking about growing one.."

Turning the page around so Grace could see it "oh my...wow, it's different that's for sure" Isabelle rolled her eyes "you can say he looks sexy Grace, I'm not going to cry everytime he's mentioned" she said knowing her friend well enough to know that she was just trying to protect her feelings. "Oh thank goodness, well in that case....he looks so damn sexy.." she said idolizing him. Isabelle was never offended that Grace was attracted to Freddie, everyone was attracted to him and Grace was more into the Freddie Mercury on stage not the Freddie Mercury Isabelle knew and fell in love with.

Continuing on reading the article she was stunned to read about Freddie's "gay club flings" as the caption stated.

Mercury's sex fueled one night stands becoming more frequent. Singer claims quote on quote
"I'm fucking any and everything"

"Ughhh what a jerk" Isabelle said as she tossed the paper into a wastebasket. "Has Freddie ever admitted his sexuality?" asked Grace. "We talked about it once, I thought it was best to let him open up when he was ready but it never came up again...maybe he is gay but with me it never seemed so...he was so hot in bed, and knew exactly how to make me react..if you know what I mean" said Isabelle winking at Grace.
"Wow...I totally believe it" she said. "Oh by the way Erin said he'll be by to pick up this delicious little Angel".

The baby girl giggled and smiled at her mummy and aunty. "She's so perfect Iz, I'm so proud of you for doing this on your own" Grace told her friend. "Yes well I must admit, having Erin around helps a great deal!" With a raised eyebrow Grace continued to invade her friends personal life. "Soo, anything new going on between you two?" Isabelle rolled her eyes "...if you mean have we had sex then no" she said.
"Well...does he ever try to get back together with you?" Isabelle looked down at the floor, she cared for Erin and he was so good with her daughter.