It left a smile on my face as I watched the three boys run to their parents. Damien grabbed Prestons' hand before pulling him back towards his own parents who weren't standing that far away. I walked over to the three boys parents who were picking on Preston and took my sunglasses off. When they saw me walk over I could tell that they knew who I was. Before they could even say anything I started talking.

            "I hope you all saw what your kids just did. So much fun picking on the boy who has two moms. Yea you heard me right, Preston is my son. Oh and his other mom is a lieutenant in the Salem Police Department. So help me god if I hear from him that your kids are picking on him again you won't like to see the outcome."

            I stood there staring at them for a few more second before walking over to get Preston. Damien gave him a goody bag for coming and I managed to get his parents phone numbers because I had a feeling that Preston would want to have some playdates with him. Once the numbers were exchanged Preston grabbed my hand and we left.

            I tried not to let the anger roll off me in waves but I couldn't help it. It made me wonder if this isn't the first time some kids picked on him before. The ride home was quiet as I tried to calm myself down. Preston didn't really want to say anything either. He just ate some candy out of the goody bag as I drove us home.

            When we got back to the house I got out of the car and opened the door for Preston. Before I could do anything he launched his body at me and pulled me into a tight hug. A few tears fell as I held onto him for as long as he wanted. When he did pull away he wiped a few of my tears away and took me inside. We didn't speak about that day again.

            From that moment on Preston started to come out of his shell a little more. He was still a quiet kid but was a bit more vocal in what he wanted for himself. I did tell Thea about what happened just so she was aware and she was ready to go and arrest their parents. It took her a little while to climb off the ledge.

            One thing that Preston really liked to do was play the piano with me. We had lessons almost every day and I would teach him anything he wanted to know. It wasn't long before he started writing his own songs.

            Our first summer as a family was loud. Preston wanted to have playdates with Damien almost every day and Sam was having different friends over every week. Some days it was hard to keep track of who was where when I had to study and do school work. I was grateful to have some help in Malia, Lindsey and Pat. Nikki was gone for the summer on tour with Demi Lovato. Sam had actually started throwing aunt in front of Malia and Lindsey's names and at his request, started calling Pat grandpa.

            But soon those long hot summer days that were spent pool side turned into fall and the kids were back in school. Preston had a better year in fifth grade. I think he felt more comfortable going back to school having a great friend in Damien and it gave him some confidence. This year was the first year he could join band or chorus. Of course he chose band. When we got the list of instruments to pick from he had a hard time choosing. Piano wasn't a chose so he trumpet.

            His first winter concert was an interesting experience. He was so excited for us to hear the songs they have worked so hard on. Their band teacher was actually really good at her job because they didn't sound bad. Of course there was some squeaks here and there and some wrong notes but they weren't that bad. The spring concert was better with all the extra time they had to practice as a group.

            As for our little social butterfly Sam, she had a great year in second grade. I tried to see if she had any interest in music but that was a hard no. She still very much like playing dress up in Thea and I's closet. I tried to escape those moments but often enough I was told I needed to dress up with Princess Sam.