24

Time moves to fast when you don't want it too. I feel like I rushed to pack everything I would need for the next two months on the road. I packed most of it on the tour bus already that was already on its way to Washington State where the first stop of the tour would be. We still had two weeks before the first show date and I had way too much to do when I get to California.

            But for right now I'm trying to push it all from my mind. I just said bye to Pat along with giving him tickets for the show in Massachusetts. He will come down with Thea to the show and we will drive him home afterwards. Then Thea will be joining me on the bus to New York City where we have two shows and a day off together before she needs to head home and back to work.

            Thea is waiting for me when I got home from Pat's house on my couch with a glass of wine waiting for me. I need to leave for the airport soon and this is how I wanted to spend our time together. I curled into her waiting arms and just breathed her in trying to memorize her scent.

            Before I let myself fall asleep I reached behind me on the end table and picked up a small jewelry box. I sat up next to Thea and watched as she sat up straighter on the couch.

            "I wanted to give you something before I left and I did a bit of googling and knew I had to get this for you when I saw it. I don't know if you have one or if you are even religious or believe in any of that stuff but I wanted to give you this." I said and pushed the box into her hand before I rambled on some more. Thea didn't say anything but opened up the box.

            "It's a Saint Michael pendant, patron saint of police officers and I had this blessed by the priest at the church I go to every once and a while

            "It's a Saint Michael pendant, patron saint of police officers and I had this blessed by the priest at the church I go to every once and a while. I wanted to give this to you to protect you." I said trying to clamp down my feelings.

            "I haven't worn one of these in a long time. Will you put it on me?" Thea asked in a small voice. I nodded and took the necklace from her hand and clasped it around her neck.

            "I won't take it off." Thea said and gave me teary smile.

            She closed the jewelry box and took a large sip from her wine. I had a feeling there is a story behind that but I wasn't going to push it right now. Thea put her wine glass down on the table once she finished the alcohol in her glass and sat back on the couch.

            "Last time I wore one of the these was the one my wife gave me. After she died I felt like nothing mattered anymore and I stopped wearing it. I was just in a such a lost state of mind I didn't know what to do with myself and I didn't care if I died. Lindsey pulled me out of such a hard downward spiral and once I got myself to a stable mindset I still didn't have the heart to put it back on. Now that I have you in my life I feel like I want this extra protection to be able to come home to you." Thea said and wiped away a tear that escaped her eye.

            I didn't say anything but pulled her into me and held her close. We never really talk about Thea's wife but every once she'll talk about her and I just listen. I still don't know what happened to her but I won't ask unless she is ready to talk about it. It took Thea a few minutes to get herself together but after she did she pulled away from me and wiped her eyes.