48

When I woke up again things were a bit clearer. The room was dark and I took a breath as I tried to get my eyes clear. I rubbed away some sleep and looked around the room. The room is big and sleeping in the bed next to me is Thea. I sighed and smiled as I watched her heart monitor flash her heart waves.

The door to the room opened and I saw a woman in scrubs walk inside quietly. She looked over Thea and took some notes on her tablet before she walked over to me. When she saw that I'm awake it startled her a little.

"It's good to see you awake Ashlyn, my name is Bianca, one of your night nurses. How are you feeling?" Bianca asked and put the tablet down on the small rolling table that's next to my head.

"I don't know, things are kind of hazy. How is Thea doing?" I asked and watched as Bianca started to put some gloves on.

"Thea is doing really well. She recovering well from the gunshot wounds and the damage they cause. How about we talk about you for a few minutes okay." Bianca said moved some of the blankets off me.

"I'm going to take a look at your stomach and check how your stitches are doing, okay?" Bianca said. I just nodded and watched as Bianca lifted the last blanket off of me to get to the hospital gown I'm wearing. She lifted the side of the gown and I watched as she pealed back the large bandage stuck to my abdomen.

Once the bandage was removed it revealed a long angry looking line of stitches across my abdomne. Bianca carefully cleaned around the stitches before she covered it up with a new bandage.

"I thought I was only shot once?" I asked trying to remember the shooting.

"You were but the doctors needed to make a larger incision because the bullet caused internal damage and they needed to repair the damage." Bianca said and checked a few different things.

"Are you in pain Ashlyn?" She asked.

"No?" I said in question as everything is still a bit hazy.

"Okay, if you start to feel uncomfortable just press the red button right here, it will release your next dose of pain medication." Bianca informed me.

"How is Thea?" I asked because I couldn't remember if I asked her already.

"Thea is doing well; she is sleeping right now since it is the middle of the night. We were able to remove both bullets from her stomach and repair the damage. She has been talking to you all week waiting for you to wake up." Bianca said and pulled the blankets back over me.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked.

"The incident was last Thursday. It's been a week since. It's okay that you've been asleep for this long. Your body went through a large trauma and needed some time to recover before you woke up." Bianca said and pulled her gloves off.

Bianca took some notes on her tablet and threw out her gloves before returning to my bedside. She removed the oxygen mask and replaced it for a nasal cannula.

"You've had a lot of visitors over the past few days Ashlyn. Pat said he has been looking after Chad and Brad for you, do you have any pets?" Bianca asked grabbed her tablet. I couldn't help but laugh. It didn't last long when I felt a dagger of pain shoot through my chest.

"Chad and Brad are my MTV VMA awards he named. But I do have two gold fish. Well we have two gold fish, Thea and I, named Stevie and Nicks." I informed the nurse.

"That's right I do remember Thea correcting him of the same when Pat brought it up. I do want to ask you about your mom though. You said you saw her when you first woke up." Bianca said.