7- Ms. Kay's diner

Mulai dari awal

"It's you!" Kay exclaimed, as she came out of the back.

She came around the corner and gave me a big hug. "How are you dear? Do you know how silly I feel, I didn't even get your name that night."

"Hi, Ms. Kay. It's McKenna. I'm good, was everything okay after I left that night?"

"Oh yes, everything was taken care of. He won't be bothering me again." She smiled.

That was strange. I wonder what she meant? Is he in jail?

"Aubrey, they have muffins too. Let go of Mommy and get over here." Mason demanded.

"Mommy?" Kay looked at me confused. She regained her composure and smiled at me. She went back behind the counter.

"Did you like those croissants your Mommy brought home?"

"Oh my gosh, they were so delicious." Aubrey gloated.

"I probably could have eaten ten of them." Mason laughed.

"We're here to get more of that stuff but first, we need to eat supper. We'll get three cups of your chicken noodle soup, two grilled cheeses, a BLT, two milks and a water, please."

She placed the order in the back and I ordered a few more of those croissants, three apple muffins, and a strawberry cheesecake pie.

I went to hand her money but she wouldn't take it.

"Honey, I owe you so much for what you did for me. I insist, it's all yours."

"I can't take all of this. I won't!"

"Is your mommy always so stubborn?"

The kids started laughing, "Yes."

"Oh really?" I started to tickle them.

"Go sit down, I'm not taking your money, I'll bring it out to you shortly." Kay ordered.

When she went to grab a bag for our things we were taking home. I placed fifty on the cash register and turned around quickly to grab a table.

I could still feel Nick's eyes on me, actually I felt a lot of eyes on me, but Nick's is the only one I care about. I looked over at Nick, I gave him a small smile and he winked at me.

We sat down and I was finally able to get Aubrey to sit in her chair in between Mason and I.

"Mommy, there's a very painted man looking at us." Mason mumbled.

I looked over at Nick's table, and Nick looked away instantly. All the guys started laughing and hitting his shoulder. This made me smile a little. Maybe Olivia was right, maybe he does have a thing for me.

"Can you make us paper airplanes with these?" Mason asked, lifting up the throw away placemats.

"If I make you one, you cannot fly them in here... Understand?"

"Okay. I promise, I won't." Mason added.

I was folding the airplanes when I heard the boys joking around at the table. Aubrey was getting a little anxious, fiddling with her fingers. I leaned over and gave her five kisses and wink, letting her know I was still here and everything's okay.

I finished folding the planes, handing them to the kids. Our food came, Ms. Kay placed the bag on our table which contained our other goodies.

We started to eat, when Mason reached to grab a piece of bacon off my sandwich.

I hit his hand with my crackers, "Don't you dare touch my bacon."

"Mom, you always say it's nice to share." Mason argued.