16

。\|/。
ALWAYS!
chapter sixteen !
。/|\。

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ᵖˡᵃʸⁱⁿᵍ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵖˡᵃʸˡⁱˢᵗ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

' ᴏᴋ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ɪ ᴅᴏ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ '

What We Had
Sody

1:02 ━━━━◯━━━━━━━━━━━ 3:22

phone call + real life!
alex's apartment + airport

"So you slept in the same bed as him, kissed him, bought a dog with him, then got into an argument with him? All within the same three days?" Melody asked, a confused and disappointed tone in her voice.

"Look, when you say it like that I sound crazy. Also to be fair I didn't buy a dog with him, he was just there. Also, it's not an argument it's a simple miscommunication." I rebuttaled, Melody sighed on the other end. Last night was, awkward to say the least. We still got food together, we just ate it in silence. To be fair Clay didn't look even the slightest bit miffed, he had his eyes glued to his phone the whole time we ate. I just picked at my food while I watched him. I didn't know how he could seem so collected when it was so clear we weren't in a good place. That night he slept in the spare room, my bed felt weirdly empty without him, but it was fine I had Otter to keep me company.

Now, we had to go pick up George from the airport in less than an hour and I knew he would sense something was up instantly. I didn't even know what to say to Clay. Sorry for not knowing where my brain was and not being able to promise you a relationship? Sorry for hurting your feelings? I had no idea which would be least offensive, therefore I called Melody and gave her a full rundown of what was happening. I would've called Sadie, considering she was really good at this kind of stuff, but she had gone to Europe to film a new show she was starring in and I didn't wanna bother her too much. So Melody it was.

"Alex, why do you do these things? How do you always manage to have the worst luck when it comes to men?" Melody sighed over the phone and I made a pffftt sound in response.

"I promise it's not me, it's the men." I said and the line went silent.

"Ok, maybe it's me." I grumbled as I started running a brush through my hair. I was already dressed and ready to go, but to be honest I was stalling, I didn't know how awkward it was gonna be driving to the airport with Clay.