Chapter 4 • Absolutely Nothing

Start from the beginning

(Y/n) snorted upon hearing those words and Five kicked her shin under the table with his foot, making her grunt in pain.

"The kid want coffee. Black." Five retorted.

Anges looked somewhat shocked at the boy, thinking he was joking.

"Cute kid." She chuckled.

The older man just stared at her, not really knowing what to say. Five, in return, flashed her a big wide mouthed smile. One that just didn't sit right in her stomach. (Y/n) rolled her eyes at the boy.

"I'll just have a regular glazed, please." (Y/n) politely said.

The woman just nodded her head and began to make the coffee. Five sighed once more as he stared at the place before him, seeing not much of a difference from the last time he was there with his family.

"Don't remember this place being such a shithole." Five blurted out. "I used to come here as a kid. Used to sneak out with my brothers and... sisters and eat donuts till we puked."

Five was hesitant to say the word "sisters". Wile Allison and Vanya felt like sisters to him, (Y/n) never felt that way. He remembers her constantly saying that they weren't really a family, just raised under a roof where they looked like one but if anything, they were just school children living together.

"Reginald is not our father," she would say. "He doesn't raise us like one, and we definitely aren't much of a family anyway."

"Simpler times, huh?"

(Y/n) smiled lightly at the memories of when all of them would sneak out after training and walk over to the diner. The times when Diego and Luther's rivalry was no more than teasing during the donut eating contests. When Klaus and Ben would eat the most but then puke before a winner could be decided. When Five would usually win because his metabolism was the highest. When Allison, Vanya and (Y/n) would watch on the sidelines laughing, some of the only times Vanya didn't feel left out. It really was simpler times.

"Eh, I suppose." The truck driver replied.

Agnes then came over, handed Five his coffee and the other two their pastries. Five took his dark coffee and the woman watched, still a little confused about how someone so young could like coffee like that. (Y/n) took out her wallet from her jeans pocket when the man next to Five waved his hand.

"I got theirs." He said, handing the lady some cash.

The two young kids looked at the man graciously, telling giving a thanks to him. He nodded in return.

That was when Five the branding on the man's jacket, a towing company's logo was stamped on the man's jacket chest and an idea popped into his head.

"You must know your way around the city." Five commented.

The man turned back to face him. "I hope so. I've been driving it for 20 years."

"Good. I need an address."

After getting the correct address, the truck driver took his donut and left the diner. Five shoved the napkin that held a specific address on it into his uniform's pocket.

"Wanna explain to me why you need that address?" (Y/n) asked, wiping off her hands with another napkin after finishing the glazed donut.

"It's a bit complicated." He bluntly responded.

(Y/n) groaned, wanting more than the small answers that he was giving her. Seeing this, Five rolled his eyes but gave in.

"I'll tell you later. I promise I'll explain everything later." He confided.