I pull away from him and feverishly press my lips against his. Maybe it's my hormones lately, but I've been absolute craving him and I feel it surfacing again quickly. My tongue slips into Harry's mouth and he eagerly meets it with his own, clearly feeling the same way I am. But before we can go any further, which I am itching to do, Harry pulls away causing me to frown. 

"Don't frown, baby," He tells me with a soft smile. "I just want to give you your birthday present before we get to the good stuff," he adds with a wink. 

He puts me down on the ground and being the nosey person I am, I crane my neck when he begins rummaging through his carry on luggage in an attempt to catch a glimpse at the present he brought home for me. 

"Go sit inside. I'll bring it into you," Harry orders me. 

I whine, causing Harry to chuckle, but I comply nonetheless and walk into the living room. I plop down on the couch and wait for a couple of minutes before Harry comes to join me. In his hands is a small, black box and I swear I nearly shit myself or have a stroke at the sight of it. 

"It's not what it looks like," Harry nervously tells me. I sit up straighter as he joins me on the couch, his hands shaking a bit as he fumbles around with the small box. "I don't know if you'll like it...it's fucking stupid and cheesy as hell but I liked it and I don't know, I want to do all the cheesy and romantic things with you because I love you,"

Harry opens the box and reveals two rings: a larger and a smaller one. The larger one has a thick, silver band and a small heart shape is cut out of it. The smaller one is somewhat similar, but has a thin, silver band and a diamond heart on top. Upon further inspection they look like they go together - like the heart on the smaller ring fits in the cut out of the larger ring. 

"They're promise rings, and before you start, I know. It's bloody cliché but I chose to have these made for us for a couple different reasons," Harry anxiously tells me. He looks at me with wide, green eyes. "The first is that I know it's hard with me being on tour. I miss you like crazy and I thought it would be nice to have matching jewelry just as a constant reminder that we're always there for each other. 

"The second kind of bounces off of that. I wanted them as a reminder that we'll always be there for each other not just while I'm on tour, but in general. I can't even begin to express how much I love you and how much you mean to me. I'm not proposing right now but one day I'd like to if you would and these rings are just a reminder that although we're not betrothed, as my mum likes to say, we still belong to each other. I know we don't need jewelry to prove that but - I don't know - I liked them and I - uh - thought you would - "

I cut Harry off by leaning forward and cupping his face before gently pressing my lips to his. He breathes a sigh of relief and reciprocates the kiss for a brief moment before I pull away. 

"I love them," I tell him honestly, my eyes glossy from his small speech. "I really fucking do. And I love you, too," 

Harry visibly relaxes and smiles to himself. He gently sets the small box down on the couch between us and takes out the smaller of the two rings. Taking my right hand in his own, he slides the ring on my ring finger and grins when he sees it fits. 

"I stole one of your rings a little while back," Harry admits as he slips on his own ring. "You know, the one with the flower on it? Yeah, I have it," 

Harry's words hardly register in my brain as I giddily stare at the sparkly ring on my finger. Marriage had seldom crossed my mind, but sitting here with Harry now I realize just how badly I want it. I agree that waiting is best since we're both young and barely in our twenties, but I don't see a future with anyone else. Harry is it for me. 

It's funny how scared I used to be of falling in love. The fear still lingers in my mind but I'm at a good place in my life at the moment. I trust Harry with my whole heart and I never thought I could love someone as much as I do him. 

I want to marry him. 

I want a future with him. 

I want kids with him. 

I want to grow old with him. 

"Amelia?" Harry asks me, softly. "Why are you crying? Do you not - did I make a mistake?"

I shake my head and frantically wipe my eyes with the back of my hand. I didn't even realize I was crying. 

"No, it's not that," I tell him. "I just love you more than I thought humanly possible and hearing you say all that just makes me so happy," 

I cover my face with my hands when I start crying again. I can't believe how sappy I am right now. It's embarrassing but when I feel Harry shift on the couch and wrap me in his arms, it comforts me. 

"Are you going to cry like this when I actually propose?" Harry teases me. 

I sniffle. 

"Probably," I laugh. "I'll be a fucking wreck. You've turned me into a sap," 

Harry pulls me close to him and I find myself nestling into his body. It takes a little bit but much to my relief, my crying eventually subsides. I'm still overwhelmed with love and happiness but I'm glad that the tears at least stopped. When did I turn into such a crier?

"Thank you, Harry," I whisper, after we sit in a comfortable silence for a couple minutes. "I love your cheesy and cliché gift. And I love how you flew all the way out to surprise me. You're going to be absolutely exhausted tomorrow,"

I feel Harry shrug as he continues to hold me. 

"Putting a smile on your face is worth it," he tell me, his voice barely a whisper. "Happy birthday, love bug,"

I smile at the pet name I've grown to adore. 

"I love you," I tell him. 

"I love you, too," he says. "For eternity,"

...

Short but SOFT. I was in a good mood lol

Also I forgot to tell you guys but I got a Harry tattoo recently and I'm in love. It says "we'll be alright" in a flower stem and I just 🥺🥺 I also want a Two Ghosts tattoo. I keep seeing the CUTEST ghost tattoos where two of them hold hands and one has Harry's heart sunglasses 😭 if anyone wants pictures lmk and we can fangirl over them together