27. I smell babies!

Comincia dall'inizio

"She doesn't like you."

I frowned. "Like I give a damn and trust me the feelings mutual."

"No, I mean she hates you, loathes you." He continued, making my frown grow deeper.

Had he come here to inform me something I already knew? "I don't care. She isn't dating or marrying me. She can jump down a cliff or get bit by a rabies dog for all I care."

Sean blew out a breath of frustration as if he was talking to a child and it was torturous. "When she hates someone, she spoils their life, literally spoils. She makes sure they suffer and regret even being born. So I just came here to warn you. When you met her in the mall, do you think it was a coincidence?"

"It wasn't?" I squeaked, a dreadful feeling settling in my guts.

Sean shook his head. "No, it wasn't just a coincidence. She knew you would be there. Bryan disappearing for two days wasn't a coincidence. And I fear that the five gang members not getting caught isn't too. She definitely has a hand in all this. She's planning something big Joanna, and I don't want you to be a part of it."

I swallowed hard, my heart beating at an unstable rate as his words rang in my ears. But the only question I could think was - "And you two loved her? Why?" I shouted in disbelief.

He shrugged in response. "If she likes you, she's the best person you'll ever meet. If not then the worst."

I gritted my teeth in frustration, wanting to pull my hair out. Stupid Bryan for ever liking her. "Well if she loves Bryan why is she coming between us? Isn't there that saying, love enough to let go. And why are you telling me all this?"

Sean shrugged, "She thinks Bryan is better with her. I think she's obsessed and can't face the fact that Bryan has moved on while she's still stuck on him. And I am telling you this because I can't tell Bryan, he'll never believe me." The last part was more of a whisper.

"I don't blame him." I snapped.

Sean sighed. "Blame my mom, she brain washed me."

I rolled my eyes. "You could have opposed. Anyways so now what do I do? I'll go in search of those five people?"

"No!" Sean screamed, completely appalled. " You don't even have to know them. Just be safe where ever you go. Avoid going to isolated places, tell your friends and family where go, download those safety apps and don't talk to strangers."

I scowled as the set of instructions increased. "Yes MOM!"

"I am just trying to keep you safe." He retorted.

I finally smiled at him. "I know and thanks again for uh that day."

His responding grin was contagious. "Anytime J.W!" He spread his arms engulfing me in a bear like hug.

"I care for you." Sean whispered in my ear, making my grin wider.

"I know." I whispered back. "I do too."

We stayed like that for a few moments until-

"Keep your filthy hands off my girlfriend." And then Sean was snatched away from my grip and a punch was delivered right on his left cheek.

"Bryan!" I exclaimed in horror as I saw Sean stumble back.

"How could you even touch her? She's my girlfriend you asshole. Mine. You have no right to even steal a glance at her." Bryan shouted at Sean, completely ignoring my plea.

"I have hands and eyes and I live in a free country. I'll do whatever I please." Sean spat back, rubbing his cheek.

I saw Bryan's jaw tick as he controlled his urge to punch him again. "Not when my girlfriend is concerned. She is off limits."