22. Five down. Zero to go.

Chapter 22.

Five down. Zero to go.

~~~

You know you have lost something when you let it go and it doesn't come back.

Those were my exact feelings at the moment. I was trying to survive day six 'being-away-from-Bryan' and it was strenuous, pathetic and pure, unadulterated torture. And I was failing miserably.  My ability to keep eat like a pregnant elephant had suddenly vanished and the only thing my stomach could bear was milk, ice cream and fruits. The water in my body had probably drained considering the number of tears that my eyes produced hourly. But then again a tear is 1% water and 99% feelings. In that case I should be devoid of feeling anything. Which was true too, I felt numb.

I had waited, holding a ray of hope that Bryan would at least try to talk to me after our conversation but all my hopes drowned themselves into an ocean of despondency; when he ignored me the very next day at school. I died inside. Slowly and painfully. For the first time I experienced what a heartbreak felt like, physical, emotional, mental pain. After that we both ignored each other like we were strangers.

Strangers with a myriad of memories.

"Joanna you need to eat something." My mother scolded, her eyes narrowed at my sullen face as she  placed a plate of sandwiches in front of me.

I pushed the plate away with a hand on my stomach. "Mom I am not hungry."

"I will not see my only daughter get eaten by her own stupidity. Eat now or I will make you swallow it." She threatened and pushed the plate in front of me. "I want that plate clear when I return." She gave me a pointed look and walked out of the kitchen.

I glanced at the dustbin.

"And no throwing it anywhere else except your flat stomach."

Dayum!

"Girl, you look awful."

I scowled as Janice entered the kitchen. "You sound like Alicia now."

"Eww I'd rather be compared to Miley Cyrus than her."

I gave her an 'are you serious' look. She sighed. "Maybe not."

"Are you going to eat that sandwich? Or can I?"

I rolled my eyes, passing her half. "I have to eat at least a bit. If I don't mom will tear my ear drums and then make me eat them." I said, taking a piece of the other half.

Her lips twisted at the visual. "Eww. Anyways so you are coming to the club right?" She asked, swallowing the sandwich in one bite and then proceeded to grab a pack of Oreos and opened it.

I blinked at the Oreos. "Mine." I said possessively.

She rolled her eyes, licking the white cream. "You don't eat it any which ways. They feel left out. Now answer me."

I gave her a stink look. "No."

"No you aren't coming or no you won't answer?"

"Janice, eat the biscuit too, stop licking the cream and keeping the biscuits back in the packet." I admonished disapprovingly. She did this every single time and when I took a biscuit there would be no cream. Ugh!

She stuck out her tongue childishly. "I don't like the biscuit, Logan can eat it."

I wrinkled my nose in distaste. "You are banned from eating cream biscuits from my house."

"So you are coming to the club?" She changed the subject, licking another biscuit.

I swear talking to this girl is like talking to a blank wall. A complete waste of time and energy.