viii ➤ all alone

*warning, major time skip/explanation of events I didn't write in this chapter

Storybrooke

The lights of the Rabbit Hole bar are dimmed. The thin, yellow lights don't put enough light out to show who anyone is. Almost like a safe space for the people who come for their privacy.

Callie Rivers is there to drown. Drown her thoughts and her feelings. Try to let go of everything that has happened in the past few weeks. Try to grieve when she has no one to grieve with. Oh gods, she has so much to grieve.

And so she tips back her glass, tapping the bar for a refill. She had tried Dr. Hopper's office for the first time in her life. But he didn't have any openings, the Rabbit Hole did.

Her head isn't thinking straight. Her vision is blurring and she no longer cares if it's from drunkenness or tears.

But here she is - alive, and not really okay. Not many people can say that though. At least not many of the people she considered friends.

Callie looks down into her glass, swirling the amber colored liquor before draining the glass and slamming it onto the bar. She reaches for the bottle, that was so graciously left in front of her, and refills her glass herself.

She's all alone now, and she doesn't quite remember how it happened.

The town John Deer waking up. Everyone in town had been to see him, and no one had known him. But the day after he woke up, there was his wife, magically there to take him home.

Ashley had assaulted Gold. Everyone later found out she did it in an attempt to steal the document that traded her unborn child into childcare services. In the end, Ashley ended up home free with her baby and it's father.

Henry and Dr. Hopper had almost died in the now collapsed mines of Storybrooke. That had been a real challenge, trying not to lose her mind as the kid she raised faced death. But Henry had been desperate to get any proof, anything to make his "real" mom believe in the curse.

Callie downs her glass, again.

She had decided to believe Henry. Except she wasn't going to help him try to fix the curse. She couldn't, wouldn't, put herself or anyone else in town through that.

That was before everything went to shit though.

Graham had finally split things off with Regina. Callie had been trying to coach him through it for some time now. She could tell that their relationship was toxic, and neither of them truly deserved that. Especially Graham. Yet she soon found out that he did it for himself... and because of Emma Swan.